> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Jordan Batliner (IU Southeast softball, Floyd Central graduate, So.) — weekly stats: 7-for-15, five RBIs, three runs scored, two doubles, one home run; 1-0 record, 10 innings pitched, six runs allowed (five earned), nine hits, six strikeouts, three walks; top performance: 3-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI in the Grenadiers’ 5-2 win over West Virginia Institute of Technology on Saturday at the United States Collegiate Athletic Association Preseason Invitational in Elizabethtown, Ky.; notes: Batliner was named the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Softball Player of the Week for second week in a row on Monday; team records: 8-4 overall, 2-0 KIAC; Batliner’s record: 1-1.
• Andrea Rademacher (Indiana State women’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: Rademacher saw action in the Sycamores’ 71-60 loss to Northern Iowa in the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament quarterfinals last Friday in St. Charles, Mo.; team records: 18-12 overall, 10-8 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Kelsey Becker (Wilmington (Ohio) softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-9, two doubles, one run scored, one RBI; notes: 1-for-2 with a double, a run scored and an RBI in the Quakers’ 13-3 victory in five innings last Friday at Thomas More in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team record: 12-2.
• Billy Edelen (Bellarmine men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Edelen saw action in the Knights’ 78-55 victory over Southern Indiana in the semifinals of the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional on Sunday in Springfield, Mo.; team records: 24-7 overall, 12-6 Great Lakes Valley Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, Fr.) — notes: Kissel came in as a pinch hitter in the Patriots’ 17-2 win last Tuesday at Mid-Continent in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 20-7 overall, 5-1 Mid-South Conference.
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, So.) — top performance: second in the discus at the Hanover-Franklin Rivalry Meet on Saturday at Hanover, 117-10; notes: third in the hammer throw, 116-7; fourth in the shot put, 38-2 1-4; seventh in the javelin, 95-0.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Trailblazers’ 10-1 home win over Lake Michigan College last Friday, one inning pitched, no runs allowed, one hit, two strikeouts, one walk; team record: 9-10; Farmer’s record: 0-0.