> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — top performance: No. 4 singles win (6-2, 6-0) and No. 2 doubles victory (8-1) in the Screaming Eagles’ 9-0 triumph last Thursday at Eckerd; team record: 5-3.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Jr.) — top performance: fourth at the Illinois-Springfield Spring Invitational last weekend in St. Louis with a one-round score of 75, 4-over-par; notes: It was Frank’s third top-five finish of his collegiate career.
• Janice Heffernan (St. Mary’s women’s golf, So.) — notes: 27th at the George Fox Phoenix Invitational last Thursday through Saturday in Peoria, Ariz., with a two-round score of 169, 27-over-par (90 in the first round, 79 in the final round).
• Jay Holderman (IUPUI men’s golf, Fr.) — notes: 57th at the Benbow Invitational March 11-12 in Jacksonville, Fla., with a two-round score of 161, 19-over-par (83 in the first round, 78 in the final).
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — notes: 0-for-1 with a sacrifice in the Skyhawks’ 7-4 victory on Saturday at Southern Illinois-Edwardsville in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 16-8 overall, 1-1 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 0-for-1, two runs scored; notes: one run scored in both the Buckeyes’ 8-0 victory in six innings over Canisius on Saturday and their 9-0 win in five frames over Pittsburgh on Sunday at the Cherry Blossom Classic in Fairfax, Va.; team record: 18-8.
• Andrew Mitchell (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — season-ending stats: 1.5 rebounds per game, 1.1 points per game; team records: 27-4 overall, 10-0 Mid-West Athletic Conference.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — season-ending stats: 3.9 assists per game, 2.4 points per game; team records: 12-18 overall, 8-12 Southern Conference.
• Katie Perkins (South Florida women’s track, Fr.) — notes: fifth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the Bulls Invitational last Thursday and Friday in Tampa, Fla., 13:19.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 0-0 record, two innings pitched, no runs allowed, one hit, two walks, no strikeouts; notes: no-decision relief outing in the Panthers’ 12-3 home victory over Wilmington (Ohio) in Game 2 of a doubleheader, no runs allowed, no hits, one walk, no strikeouts; team record: 7-6; Powers’ record: 0-0.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 7-0 home victory over Xavier on Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader, eight innings pitched, no runs allowed, five hits, four strikeouts, one walk; notes: Thompson threw a career-best eight shutout frames against the Musketeers. He extended his scoreless innings streak to a career-high 15 frames; team record: 16-2; Thompson’s record: 5-0.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two points and two rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 69-56 setback to Cardinal Stritch in the NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Championship on Monday, March 11 in Point Lookout, Mo.; season-ending stats: 2.1 rebounds per game; team records: 30-5 overall, 14-1 KIAC.
• Chet Wernecke (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: Wernecke saw action in IU Southeast’s 69-56 loss to Cardinal Stritch in the NAIA Division II Men’s Basketball National Championship on Monday, March 11 in Point Lookout, Mo.; season-ending stats: 2.2 rebounds per game, 1.5 points per game; team records: 30-5 overall, 14-1 KIAC.