> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Maddy Bellew (Ottawa women’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1-1 singles record, 1-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 1 singles victory (6-3, 6-1) and No. 1 doubles win (8-6) in the Braves’ 6-3 home triumph over Baker on Saturday; team record: 4-2.
• Ashley Cochran (Hanover softball, Jr.) — notes: losing pitcher in a relief role in the Panthers’ 7-6 home loss to Wilmington (Ohio) in Game 2 of a home doubleheader on Saturday, one-third of an inning pitched, one run allowed (earned), three hits, no walks, no strikeouts; team record: 1-9; Cochran’s record: 0-3.
• Phil Forbis (Bellarmine baseball, Sr.) — notes: no-decision in a starting role in the Knights’ 2-1 loss in 12 innings at Drury on Saturday in Game 2 of a doubleheader, five innings pitched, one run allowed (earned), four hits, two walks, one strikeout; team records: 5-7 overall, 1-1 GLVC; Forbis’ record: 1-1.
• Sean Godfrey (Ball State baseball, Jr.) - weekly stats: 4-for-13, four runs scored, one RBI, two doubles, two stolen bases; notes: 1-for-3 with two runs scored in the Cardinals’ 4-3 victory over IPFW on Saturday in Upland; team record: 10-8.
• Donnie Hale (Purdue men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Hale saw action in the Boilermakers’ 57-55 loss to Nebraska in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament last Thursday in Chicago; notes: Purdue has accepted a bid to the College Basketball Invitational. The Boilers will host Western Illinois in a first-round game at 7 p.m. on Wednesday; team records: 15-17 overall, 8-10 Big Ten.
• Jason Holcomb (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: third in the mixed distance medley relay (12:40.64), fifth in the 1,600 relay (4:04.9) and eighth in the 3,000 (9:59.71) at the Hanover-Franklin Rivalry Meet on Saturday at Hanover.
• Mathew Holcomb (Hanover men’s track, Jr.) — notes: third in the 1,600 relay (3:39.79) and mixed distance medley relay (12:40.64) at the Hanover-Franklin Rivalry Meet on Saturday at Hanover.
• Scootie Middleton (Thomas More men’s track, Fr.) — notes: second in the 400 relay (43.74) and 15th in the 100 dash (11.67) at the Early Bird Relays on Saturday in Cincinnati.
• Pryce Ragains (IUPUI men’s track, Jr.) — notes: ninth in the 3,000 (8:59.76) and 11th in the 5,000 (15:22.76) at the Shamrock Invitational last Thursday through Saturday in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
• TeNale Roland (Utah State men’s basketball, Jr.) — top performance: 16 points, shooting 5-of-10 from the field, 3-of-7 from 3-point range and 3-of-5 from the free-throw line, and four rebounds in the Aggies’ 83-78 loss to Texas-Arlington in the Western Athletic Conference Tournament quarterfinals last Thursday in Las Vegas; team records: 21-10 overall, 11-7 WAC.
• Alex Stewart (Western Kentucky men’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 2-3 singles record, 2-2 doubles record; notes: No. 6 singles win (4-6, 6-3, 6-2) and No. 2 doubles loss (8-4) in the Hilltoppers’ 4-3 victory last Tuesday at North Alabama; team record: 8-6.
• Brandy Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, So.) — top performance: first in the balance beam in the Tribe’s home dual-meet victory over Temple on Sunday, 9.800; notes: 10th in the balance beam in the Tribe’s home dual-meet win over Yale last Friday, 8.950.
• Brittany Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, Fr.) — top performance: first in the all-around in the Tribe’s home dual-meet win over Yale last Friday, 39.150; first in the vault, 9.825, career-high; second in the uneven parallel bars, 9.825, career-high; third in the balance beam, 9.725; fourth in the floor exercise, 9.775; notes: second in the all-around in the Tribe’s home dual-meet triumph on Sunday against Temple, 38.825; first in the vault, 9.825, career-high; first in the uneven parallel bars, 9.825, career-high; sixth in the balance beam, 9.625; ninth in the floor exercise, 9.550.
• Chris Whitehead (Danville Area Community College men’s basketball, So.) — season-ending stats: 12.7 points per game, team-high 4.7 assists per game, 3.6 rebounds per game; team records: 27-4 overall, 10-0 Mid-West Athletic Conference.