NEW WASHINGTON —
• Highlanders improve to 5-0: Trey Fulton went 3-for-4 with two doubles and two RBIs to keep host Floyd Central undefeated on Friday in a 9-2 victory over defending Class 2A state champion Northfield.
Teammate Colton Kimm went 2-for-4 with three RBIs. The Highlanders’ Cody Sunderhaus was the winning pitcher, giving up two runs (both earned) and one hit in four innings.
NEXT: Floyd Central (5-0) hosts Columbus East and Madison, today.
• Mustangs pull off dramatic win against Scottsburg: With the score tied at five in the bottom of the seventh inning, New Washington’s Cory Snyder scored the winning run on a throwing error in the Mustangs’ 6-5 home win on Friday.
New Wash’s Danny Nix was the winning pitcher, giving up five runs (all earned) on nine hits in a complete-game effort.
NEXT: New Washington (1-2) at Charlestown (DH), today.
• Hornets get first win: Tyler Pace went 2-for-3 with two RBIs to lead visiting Henryville past Crothersville for the Hornets’ first win of the season, 11-4. Also for the Hornets, Cody Reister had three RBIs and Dakota Harrell was the winning pitcher.
NEXT: Henryville (1-2, 1-0 Southern Athletic Conference) at Corydon Central (DH), today.
• Pioneers down Brownstown: Nick Campbell collected three hits to lead Providence past host Brownstown Central on Thursday, 10-6. Also for the Pioneers, Cristian Ensley and Jon Davis each had two hits, Tyler Simms had three RBIs and Ryan Mueller was the winning pitcher.
NEXT: Providence (3-0) will host Jeffersonville, Monday.
• Musketeers lose at Springs Valley: On Thursday, Eastern gave up a run in the bottom of the eighth to lose at Springs Valley, 2-1. Musketeer senior Shane Williams went 3-for-4 with an RBI.
NEXT: Eastern hosts Charlestown, Monday.
• Mustangs win tri-meet: New Washington won a home triangular meet on Thursday with 81 points, defeating Henryville (52) and Rock Creek Academy (11). Ian Hughes (discus, 200-meter dash, 400) and Adan Diaz (long jump, 1,600, 300 hurdles) each won three individual events for the Mustangs.
NEXT: New Washington will host Clarksville and Trinity Lutheran, Tuesday; Henryville at Jeffersonville Inferno Invitational, today; Rock Creek, Orleans at Crawford County, Monday.