> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Austin Duncan (Hanover men’s track, So.) — notes: 11th in the discus (121-11), 14th in the shot put (37-3) and 15th in the hammer throw (122-2) at the Rose-Hulman Twilight Meet last Friday.
• Tyler Farmer (Vincennes baseball, So.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Trailblazers’ 9-4 home loss over Olney Central last Wednesday, one-third of an inning pitched, two runs allowed (both earned), one hit, no strikeouts, no walks; team record: 22-22; Farmer’s record: 1-0.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s track, Jr.) — notes: 10th in the 10,000 at the Mt. Sac Relays last Thursday in Walnut, Calif., 35:58.76.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 1-0 singles record, 2-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 4 singles win (7-5, 7-6(7-2)) in the Screaming Eagles’ 5-3 victory over Drury in the Great Lakes Valley Conference Tournament championship match on Saturday in Indianapolis; notes: Boesing broke the school record for all-time singles victories; team records: 16-4 overall, 5-0 GLVC.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Jr.) — notes: Midwest Regional No. 4, April 14-15, Noblesville — 56th with a two-round score of 150, 6-over-par (73 in the first round, 77 in the final); GLVC Championship, Sunday, Columbus — eighth after two rounds with a score of 147, 3-over-par (74 in the first round, 73 in the second).
• Janice Heffernan (St. Mary’s women’s golf, So.) — notes: 20th at the first Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association NCAA qualifying round last Wednesday in South Bend with a one-round score of 95, 23-over-par.
• Jay Holderman (IUPUI men’s golf, Fr.) — notes: 57th at the Kemper Sports Intercollegiate April 15-16 in Glenville, Ill., with a three-round score of 233, 17-over-par (79 in the first round, 74 in the second, 80 in the final).
• Meghan Jones (Bellarmine women’s track, Jr.) — top performance: third in the high jump at the Heart of the Bluegrass Track and Field Classic on Saturday in Lexington, Ky., 5-4 1/4.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, So.) — weekly stats: 1-for-6, one run scored, one triple; notes: 1-for-3 with a triple and a run scored in the Skyhawks’ 5-3 home loss against Eastern Kentucky on Sunday in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 30-16 overall, 11-9 Ohio Valley Conference.
• Brittany Mills (Ohio State softball, Sr.) — weekly stats: two runs scored; notes: a run scored in the Buckeyes’ 8-0 home win in five innings over Ball State last Wednesday; team records: 27-17 overall, 6-9 Big Ten.
• Jimmy Nungester (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: No. 4 singles loss (6-1, 6-1) against host Indiana Wesleyan at the Mark Richards Tournament on Saturday; team records: 8-7 overall, 3-3 KIAC.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, Fr.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Panthers’ 13-4 home loss to Anderson on Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader, two-third of an inning pitched, five runs allowed (all earned), five hits, two walks, one strikeout; team records: 14-16 overall, 7-10 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference; Powers’ record: 1-0.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — notes: losing pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 4-3 loss at St. John’s on Saturday, 5 2/3 innings pitched, four runs allowed (all earned), four hits, five strikeouts, four walks; team records: 30-9 overall, 8-4 Big East; Thompson’s record: 6-1.