> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Patrick Elliott (Ball State men’s tennis, Jeffersonville graduate, Jr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 1-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 2 singles win (6-2, 6-0) and No. 2 doubles victory (8-6) in the Cardinals’ 6-1 home triumph over IUPUI on Wednesday; notes: Elliott was named the Mid-American Conference Player of the Week on Wednesday; it was the second time this season and the third time in his career that Elliott has won the honor; team records: 11-11 overall, 1-2 MAC.
• Brian Eurton (St. Joseph’s (Ind.) men’s track, Fr.) — notes: eighth in the 1,500-meter run at the Indiana Little State Championships April 11-12 in Marion, 4:09.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — weekly stats: 1-1 singles record, 2-1 doubles record; top performance: No. 6 singles victory (6-0, 6-1) and No. 2 doubles win (8-5) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 home triumph over IU East last Saturday; team records: 6-6 overall, 4-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Alli Webster (Wabash Valley softball, Fr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Warriors’ 6-0 victory at Olney Central on April 11 in the first game of a doubleheader, 4 1-3 innings pitched, no runs allowed, three hits, five walks, four strikeouts; team records: 36-7 overall, 26-2 Great Rivers Athletic Conference; Webster’s record: 11-3.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun (Ala.) Community College baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 4-for-19, three runs scored, two RBIs, one double; 0-0 record, one inning pitched, no runs allowed, no hits, one strikeout, no walks; top performance: 2-for-4 in an 8-5 home loss to Lawson State Community College last Saturday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 22-19 overall, 10-8 Alabama Community College Conference; Willinger’s record: 0-0.
• Nathaniel Jones (Southeastern Illinois baseball, Fr.) — top performance: 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI in the Falcons’ 15-9 home loss to Rend Lake last Sunday; team records: 13-25 overall, 3-16 GRAC.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine (Ky.) baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 2-for-11, one RBI; top performance: 2-for-3 in the Patriots’ 3-2 home victory over Lindsey Wilson last Saturday; team records: 20-22 overall, 11-10 Mid-South Conference.
• Deahna Welcher (Lipscomb women’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: No. 1 singles loss (6-0, 6-2) and No. 1 doubles setback (8-4) in the Bisons’ 7-0 loss at North Florida last Saturday; season-ending stats: 5-15 singles record, 5-14 doubles record; team records: 10-11 overall, 3-5 Atlantic Sun Conference.