> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
BOYS — Christian Academy at Switzerland County
• Time/Day: 7:30 p.m.
• Records: Christian Academy 3-4, Switzerland County 5-1.
• Rankings: Switzerland County, Class 2A No. 18 AP.
• Last year: At Christian Academy 66, Switzerland County 53.
• Last 15 years: Have not played.
• Assessment: Switzerland County is off to a surprising 5-1 start. Christian Academy is probably better than its 3-4 record after losing some tight games. So this is a tough one to pick. In this case, I have to lean toward the team that’s learned to win early in the season over the one taking a 70-mile bus ride.
• Greg’s Pick: Switzerland County 58, Christian Academy 57.
GIRLS — Charlestown Holiday Tournament Championship
• Time/Day: Approximately 7:30 p.m.
• Last year’s champion: Silver Creek.
• Assessment: Having picked Silver Creek to face Charlestown in the championship, I’ll start there. The two teams played a game that went down to the wire just two weeks ago. There no reason to believe that it won’t go that way again. The teams have about equal talent, but the Dragons have more experience and the Pirates have the homecourt advantage. So what I’m trying to say is, this could go either way. As the two-time defending champions, I’ll give the slight edge to Creek.
• Greg’s Pick: Silver Creek 54, Charlestown 49.
GIRLS — Jeffersonville at Evansville Memorial
• Time/Day: 6:30 p.m.
• Records: Jeffersonville 5-5, Evansville Memorial 4-4.
• Last year: Did not play.
• All-time series: First meeting.
• Assessment: Just a couple of years ago, both programs won a state championship. After struggling through losing seasons as defending champions, the Red Devils and Tigers appear to be rebounding this season. Bruce Dockery has been winning at Memorial for 25 years, but even with the homecourt advantage and the coaching experience edge, I love the way the Red Devils are playing.
• Greg’s Pick: Jeffersonville 52, Evansville Memorial 47.