GAME OF THE WEEK
GIRLS — HENRYVILLE (9-8, 4-0 SAC) AT BORDEN (12-2, 3-0 SAC)
• DAY/TIME: Monday, 7:30 p.m.
• RANKINGS: Borden — Class A No. 11 ICGSA.
• LAST 10 YEARS: Borden 9-6 (Borden has won three straight).
• LAST YEAR: Borden 36, at Henryville 33.
• REASON TO WATCH: As good as Clarksville-Corydon boys is going to be, this game is actually for a conference championship. Henryville and Borden both remain unbeaten in Southern Athletic Conference action. The Hornets would clinch an unbeaten conference slate with a victory, while Borden would likely win the title outright with a win over the Hornets and a victory at South Central on Saturday.
• ANALYSIS: Early in the year, I would have given Henryville a chance. The Hornets haven’t been playing well lately — certainly not well enough to win at Borden.
• THE PICK: Borden 51, Henryville 37.
GIRLS — FLOYD CENTRAL (6-9) AT PROVIDENCE (12-6)
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• RANKINGS: Providence — Class 2A No. 14 ICGSA.
• LAST 10 YEARS: Floyd Central 9-0.
• LAST YEAR: At Floyd Central 45, Providence 42.
• REASON TO WATCH: It’s a rivalry game and both teams are attempting to get better as the tournament approaches. Floyd appears to be doing so after wins over Meade County and Jennings County and a strong performance at Bedford North Lawrence on Saturday. Providence is coming off a shocking loss to Crawford County on Tuesday.
• ANALYSIS: Don’t let the records and the rankings fool you. Floyd is the better team.
• THE PICK: Floyd Central 60, Providence 43.
GIRLS — JEFFERSONVILLE (13-5, 3-2 HHC) AT MADISON (11-1, 4-1 HHC)
• TIME: 7:30 p.m.
• RANKINGS: Madison — Class 3A No. 5 ICGSA.
• SERIES ALL-TIME: Jeffersonville 28-10.
• LAST 10 YEARS: Jeffersonville 8-2 (Madison has won two straight).
• LAST YEAR: Madison 63, at Jeffersonville 56.
• REASON TO WATCH: Before the season, we said that the race for second place in the HHC behind Bedford North Lawrence would be an interesting to watch. Madison is second right now, but Jeff would do no worse than tie for second with a win at Madison and a home win over Seymour next Tuesday.
• ANALYSIS: I’m pretty sure Mike Warren and the Red Devils like it when I pick against them. They seem to win every time I do. So, here you go, guys:
• THE PICK: Madison 59, Jeffersonville 57.