> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Chip Hockenbury (Hanover baseball, Sr.) — notes: first save of season in a relief in the Panthers’ 6-5 win over Concordia (Minn.) on Sunday at the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational in Winter Haven, Fla., one inning pitched, no runs allowed, no hits, one strikeout, one walk; team record: 2-0; Hockenbury’s record: 0-0.
• Shelby Miller (Maryville (Mo.) women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 20 points per game, 11-23 field goals, 8-15 3-pointers, 10-13 free throws, 11 rebounds, four assists; top performance: game-high 24 points, shooting 7-of-12 from the field, 5-of-8 from 3-point range and 5-of-7 from the line, team-high six rebounds and two assists in the Saints’ 90-84 win at Truman State last Thursday; notes: Miller was named GLVC Player of the Week on Monday; she also earned Maryville Female Athlete of the Week for the second week in a row; Miller helped Maryville set a school record for 3-pointers made in a game with 18 in its victory over Truman State; team records: 17-10 overall, 10-7 GLVC.
• Chris O’Connor (Marian men’s track, Sr.) — notes: fourth in the high jump at the DePauw Indoor Classic on Saturday, 6-2.
• Brandy Orth Becker (Centre women’s track, New Albany native, Louisville Assumption graduate, Fr.) — top performance: fourth in the triple jump at the DePauw Indoor Classic on Saturday, 33-9 1-4; notes: fifth in the long jump, 16-3; 15th in the 60 dash preliminaries, 8.44.
• Jaime Leon (Thomas More men’s track, Jeffersonville native, Louisville Trinity graduate, So.) — notes: 21st in the 800 at the DePauw Indoor Classic on Saturday, 2:34.53.
Weekly stats are from last Wednesday to Sunday. If you have any information about an area college athlete, contact Kevin Harris at 812-206-2117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.