NEW ALBANY —
BOYS SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
• T Martin, Jeffersonville: Martin won the 50-yard and 100-yard freestyle at Saturday’s Hamilton Southeastern Splash-N-Clash Invitational, helping the Red Devils to a second-place finish. Martin’s victory in the 500 broke the meet’s 10-year old record. Martin joined Karol Schmuck, Zach Griffis and Evan Shive for a runner-up finish in the 400 freestyle relay and Shive, Josh Phelps and Evan Lopez to finish third in the 200 medley relay.
• Oscar Anderson, Floyd Central: Anderson was the only two-time individual winner against Jeffersonville on Thursday — in the 200 IM and the 100 butterfly. Anderson was then a four-time winner at Saturday’s Floyd Central Invitational. He was the 200 IM and the 100 fly and helped the 200 and 400 free relay teams to victory.
• Gabe Salinas, Silver Creek: Salinas finished an impressive runner-up in the 200 individual medley at Saturday’s Floyd Central Invitational. He was also fourth in the 100 butterfly.
• Chris Spencer, Charlestown: Spencer placed seventh in the 500 freestyle and 10th in the 100 butterfly at Saturday’s Floyd Central Invitational.
GIRLS SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
• Meg Taylor, Floyd Central: Taylor won the 200 freestyle and the 500 free at Saturday’s Floyd Central Invitational. The sophomore set meet records in both events, going 1:59.98 in the 200 free and 5:17.72 in the 500. She became a four-time winner by helping the Highlanders’ 200 free relay team (along with Maryn Meldrum, Amy McCormick and Sarah Taylor) and the 400 free relay (with Meldrum, McCormick and Layah Jones) to victories.
• Karlee Demsey, Jeffersonville: Demsey finished sixth in the 200 individual medley and seventh in the 100 butterfly at Hamilton Southeastern on Saturday.
• Kaitlin Sullivan, Silver Creek: Sullivan finished fourth in the 100 backstroke and fifth in the 200 IM at Saturday’s Floyd Central Invitational.
• Whitney Andrews, Charlestown: Andrews placed seventh in the 100 backstroke, 10th in the 200 freestyle and was a member of the Pirates’ 10th-place 200 freestyle relay team at Floyd Central on Saturday.
• Allie Orberson, Providence: At Saturday’s Floyd Invitational, Orberson touched the wall 14th in the 100 freestyle and 20th in the 100 breaststroke.