> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Tyler Byrne (Louisville men’s cross country, North Harrison graduate, Jr.) — top performance: first at the American Athletic Conference Championships on Saturday in Storrs, Conn., 22:57.09, school record; notes: The Cardinals claimed the first-ever American Athletic Conference title with 28 points.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 4.5 points per game, 3-6 field goals, 1-3 3-pointers, 2-4 free throws, three rebounds, two assists; notes: five points and two rebounds in the Titans’ 97-94 home win over Ohio Midwestern last Wednesday at the Haunted Hoops Tourney; team record: 1-1.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 15 points per game, 4-17 field goals, 1-6 3-pointers, 21-27 free throws, 10 rebounds, nine assists, four steals; top performance: team-high 21 points, shooting 2-of-7 from the field and 17-of-20 from the stripe, game-high seven assists, six rebounds and two steals in the Titans’ 97-94 home win over Ohio Midwestern last Wednesday at the Haunted Hoops Tourney; team record: 1-1.
• Taylor Thrasher (Kentucky Christian women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: four rebounds in the Knights’ 95-73 exhibition loss at Morehead State last Friday; team record: 1-0.
• Rachel Boesing (Asbury volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: seven kills, two blocks, two digs; notes: five kills in the Eagles’ 3-1 victory at IU Kokomo on Thursday; the victory clinched Asbury the outright Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference regular-season championship and an automatic berth in the NAIA national tournament; the Eagles will be the No. 1 seed in the KIAC Tournament Nov. 15-16 in Midway, Ky.; team records: 31-7 overall, 10-1 KIAC.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: six points per game, 4-8 field goals, 2-3 3-pointers, 2-2 free throws, three rebounds; top performance: 12 points, shooting 4-of-8 from the floor, 2-of-3 from 3-point range and 2-of-2 from the stripe, and three rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 106-63 victory at Mid-Continent last Friday; team record: 2-0.