> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Cassie Holland (Asbury women’s soccer, Floyd Central graduate, So.) — weekly stats: six shots, three shots on goal, three assists; top performance: game-high three assists, three shots and one shot on goal in the Eagles’ 4-2 home triumph on Saturday against Oakland City; notes: Holland was named the Kentucky Intercollegaite Athletic Conference Women’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week on Monday; team record: 1-4.
• Rachel Boesing (Asbury volleyball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 11 blocks, seven kills, three assists, two digs; notes: four kills, two assists and team-high two blocks in the Eagles’ 3-0 win over Bethel (Tenn.) last Saturday in the Rumpke Tournament in Georgetown, Ky.; team record: 5-4.
• Drew Mattingly (Huntington men’s soccer, Sr.) — weekly stats: five saves; notes: four saves in the Foresters’ 3-2 loss at Rochester (Mich.) on Saturday; team record: 3-1.
• Caleb Moore (Huntington men’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot in the Foresters’ 9-1 home victory over Cincinnati Christian last Wednesday; team record: 3-1.
• Erika Wilson (Southern Indiana women’s cross country, Sr.) — top performance: second at the Stegemoller Classic on Saturday in Evansville, 14:17.5; notes: the Screaming Eagles took first place in the meet.
• Brad Baumann (Hanover men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: 41st after the first round of the Transylvania Fall Invitaitonal on Saturday with a 5-over-par 77; final results of the tournament were not posted on the Hanover College athletics’ Web site at press time.
• Whitney Batliner (IU Southeast women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: fifth at No. 3 singles with a 2-1 record and eighth at No. 1 doubles with an 0-3 record at the DePauw Invitational this weekend; team record: 0-1.
• Garrett Blackman (Southern Indiana men’s cross country, Sr.) — notes: 16th at the Stegemoller Classic on Saturday in Evansville, 19:45; the Screaming Eagles won the meet.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: 25 kills, seven blocks, seven digs, two assists; top performance: team- and career-high 12 kills and three blocks in the Hilltoppers’ 3-1 home win over Belmont last Tuesday; team record: 4-3.
• David Frank (Indianapolis men’s golf, Sr.) — notes: 14th at The Arendsen on Sunday in Allendale, Mich., with a two-round score of 153, 9-over-par (75 in the first round, 78 in the final).
• Lauren Haley (Ohio women’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot and one shot on goal in the Bobcats’ 3-1 home victory over Morehead State on Sunday; team record: 3-2-1.
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, Jr.) — notes: Jenney started at tight end in the Grizzlies’ 30-27 loss at Mt. Union (Ohio), the top-ranked team in NCAA Division III, on Saturday; team record: 0-1.
• Danny Laird (Northern Kentucky men’s soccer, So.) — notes: one shot in the Norse’s 2-1 overtime win over Eastern Illinois on Sunday at the Dayton Classic; team record: 1-1-1.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: three digs; notes: two digs in the Hoosiers’ 3-0 victory over Coastal Carolina at the College of Charleston (S.C.) Invitational on Saturday; team record: 5-1.
• Alyssa Moore (Southern Indiana women’s cross country, Fr.) — notes: 16th at the Stegemoller Classic on Saturday in Evansville, 15:44.4.
• Taylor Patty (Southern Indiana women’s soccer, Fr.) — notes: Patty saw action in the Screaming Eagles’ 2-0 home victory over Ohio Dominican on Saturday; team record: 1-0.
• Katie Perkins (South Florida women’s cross country, So.) — notes: 70th at the USF Invitational last Friday, 20:01.39; the Bulls won the meet.
• Loryn Queen (Tennessee-Chattanooga women’s soccer, So.) — notes: Queen played in the Mocs’ 2-1 home win over University of North Carolina-Asheville on Sunday; team record: 2-2.
• Alysen Shireman (Campbellsville volleyball, Jr.) — notes: Shireman started in the Tigers’ 1-0 win at Trevecca Nazarene last Friday; team record: 2-1-1.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 128 assists, 24 digs, 15 kills, three blocks; top performance: match-high 47 assists and seven digs in the Hilltoppers’ 3-2 loss to Ohio State in the Four Points by Sheraton Seminole Invitational last Friday in Tallahasse, Fla.; team record: 4-3.
• Morgan Wilson (Spalding volleyball, So.) — weekly stats: 66 assists, 16 digs, three aces; top performance: 19 assists and four digs in the Golden Eagles’ 3-2 setback versus Centre on Saturday in Hanover; team record: 4-3.