> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Brittany Stover (William & Mary gymnastics, New Albany graduate, So.) — top performance: first in the all-around in the Tribe’s 192.800-192.550 home win over Cornell on Saturday, 39.175; notes: Stover broke her own school record in the all-around; first in the vault, 9.850, seventh-best score in program history; first in floor exercise, 9.775, career-high; second in the uneven parallel bars, 9.775, season-high; second in the balance beam, 9.775.
• Chris Braun (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — top performance: No. 6 singles win (6-3, 6-1) and No. 1 doubles victory (8-5) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 triumph at St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Saturday; team records: 2-2 overall, 1-0 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Alli Webster (Wabash Valley softball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 2-1 record, 17 2/3 innings pitched, six runs allowed (four earned), 13 hits, 32 strikeouts, six walks; top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Warriors’ 9-0 victory over Lake Michigan College last Tuesday in Niceville, Fla., four innings pitched, no runs allowed, no hits, nine strikeouts, one walk; team record: 10-5; Webster’s record: 3-2.
• Tyler Willinger (Calhoun Community College baseball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 4-for-15, two RBIs, one double, one stolen base; notes: 1-for-4 with a double and two RBIs in the Warhawks’ 10-0, eight-inning victory at Lawson State Community College on Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader; team records: 10-9 overall, 3-0 Alabama Community College Conference.
• Nathaniel Jones (Southeastern Illinois baseball, Fr.) — notes: Jones has played in six games this season, hitting 9-for-18 (.500) with two doubles and four RBIs; team records: 6-5 overall, 0-1 Great Rivers Athletic Conference.
• Drew Kissel (St. Catharine baseball, So.) — weekly stats: 0-for-6; notes: 0-for-3 in the Patriots’ 1-0 home win over Campbellsville on Saturday; team records: 8-11 overall, 3-3 Mid-South Conference.
• Andrew Archer (Vincennes men’s track, So.) — notes: 11th in the weight throw at the National Junior College Athletic Association Indoor Track and Field National Championships last weekend in New York, 49-2 3-4.
• Justin Batliner (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — top performance: No. 5 singles win (6-1, 6-0) and No. 2 doubles triumph (8-2) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 victory at St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Saturday; team records: 2-2 overall, 1-0 KIAC.
• Olivia Boesing (Louisville women’s tennis, Fr.) — notes: No. 3 doubles loss (8-6) in the Cardinals’ 4-0 setback at North Texas last Friday; team records: 8-2 overall, 2-0 American Athletic Conference.
• Alex Martin (IU Southeast men’s tennis, Fr.) — top performance: No. 4 singles victory (6-1, 6-3) and No. 1 doubles win (8-5) in the Grenadiers’ 9-0 triumph at St. Louis College of Pharmacy on Saturday; team records: 2-2 overall, 1-0 KIAC.
• Samantha McClure (Tennessee-Martin softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 3-for-10, two runs scored, one RBI, one double, one stolen base; notes: 1-for-2 with a run scored, an RBI, a double and a stolen base in the Skyhawks’ 7-1 victory over Colgate last Friday at the University of Central Florida Spring Fling; team record: 8-12-1.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: game- and career-high 13 assists, nine points and four rebounds in the Paladins’ 75-70 loss to Western Carolina in the quarterfinals of the Southern Conference Tournament on Saturday in Asheville, N.C.; notes: Morrissey’s 13 assists tied a single-game school record; team records: 18-12 overall, 12-6 Southern.
• Jacob Snodgrass (Olney Central baseball, Fr.) — notes: 1-for-4 with a run scored in the Blue Knights’ 5-4 victory over the Manchester junior varsity team at the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, S.C., on March 3; team record: 10-1.