> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Jr.) — top performance: 11 points, shooting 3-of-6 from the field, 3-of-4 from 3-point range and 2-of-2 from the free-throw line, four rebounds and game-high two steals in the Red Wolves’ 87-68 loss to Asbury in the KIAC Tournament semifinals on Monday, Feb. 25 in New Albany; season-ending stats: 3.8 points per game, 2.2 rebounds per game; team records: 21-11 overall, 10-5 KIAC.
• Ben Boesing (Southern Indiana men’s tennis, Sr.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 4 singles victory (6-2, 6-0) and No. 2 doubles win (8-2) in the Screaming Eagles’ 9-0 home victory over Western Kentucky on Sunday; team record: 4-2.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 0-of-4 field goals, 0-of-1 3-pointers, nine assists, five rebounds; notes: five assists in the Paladins’ 57-48 home win over Georgia Southern on Monday, Feb. 25; team records: 12-16 overall, 8-11 Southern Conference.
• Matt Powers (Hanover baseball, Fr.) — notes: no-decision relief outing in the Panthers’ 4-2 loss to Augustana (Ill.) last Tuesday in Auburndale, Fla., two innings pitched, no runs allowed, two hits, one strikeout, no walks; team record: 4-3.
• Brock Slavens (Cincinnati men’s swimming, So.) — notes: fifth in both the 400-yard freestyle relay (3:01.91) and the 200 medley relay (1:32.68) and 21st in the 100 freestyle preliminaries (46.38) at the Big East Conference Championships last Wednesday through Saturday in Indianapolis.
• Jeff Thompson (Louisville baseball, Jr.) — top performance: winning pitcher in a starting role in the Cardinals’ 10-3 home victory over Kent State on Saturday, 6 2/3 innings pitched, three runs allowed (two earned), three hits, eight strikeouts, two walks; notes: Thompson had his career-best 13 2/3 scoreless innings streak end against the Golden Flashes; team record: 9-2; Thompson’s record: 3-0.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two rebounds in the Grenadiers’ 91-61 home victory over Cincinnati Christian in the KIAC Tournament semifinals on Monday, Feb. 25; team records: 27-4 overall, 14-1 KIAC.
• Chet Wernecke (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: one rebound in the Grenadiers’ 91-61 home win over Cincinnati Christian in the KIAC Tournament semifinals on Monday, Feb. 25; team records: 27-4 overall, 14-1 KIAC.