> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Brett Wehmiller (Indiana State men’s track, New Albany graduate, So.) — top performance: first in the high jump at the Eastern Illinois University Early Bird meet last Friday, 6-4; notes: The Sycamores captured the meet title with 133 points.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — top performance: 13 points, shooting 2-of-8 from the floor, 0-of-1 from 3-point range and 9-of-10 from the free-throw line, game-high two steals and two assists in the Titans’ 84-82 loss at Purdue Calumet last Friday; team records: 3-7 overall, 0-2 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: team-high 18 points, shooting 4-of-8 from the field, 2-of-2 from 3-point range and 8-of-9 from the free-throw line, team-high three assists and game-high two steals in the Grenadiers’ 84-82 loss at Purdue Calumet last Friday; team records: 3-7 overall, 0-2 CCAC.
• Taylor Thrasher (Kentucky Christian women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one point in the Knights’ 81-72 home loss against Berea last Friday; team record: 7-6.
• Aidan McEwen (Taylor men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 0-3 field goals, two rebounds, two assists; notes: one rebound and one assist in the Trojans’ 94-72 home win over Indiana Dabney in the semifinals of the 30th annual Ivanhoe’s Classic last Friday; team record: 7-4.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — notes: three rebounds and two points in the Panthers’ 98-58 home victory over Blackburn on Saturday; team records: 5-3 overall, 1-1 St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: 11 points, shooting 4-of-13 from the field, 1-of-4 from 3-point range and 2-of-3 from the free-throw line, team-high four rebounds, game-high four steals and game-high two blocks in the Red Wolves’ 102-97 home loss to Wilberforce last Tuesday; notes: Banet earned Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Player of the Week honors on Dec. 2; team records: 4-9 overall, 0-1 KIAC.
• Tori Kingsley (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: one rebound in the Grenadiers’ 87-81 win at Asbury last Tuesday; team records: 5-3 overall, 2-0 KIAC.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 11.5 points per game, 7-14 field goals, 4-4 3-pointers, 5-7 free throws, eight rebounds, four assists, three steals; top performance: career-high 15 points, shooting 5-of-10 from the field, 3-of-3 from 3-point range and 2-of-4 from the line, six rebounds, team-high two assists and game-high two steals in the Paladins’ 67-62 victory at Georgia Southern on Saturday; notes: Morrissey is a nominee for the 2014 Allstate Women’s Basketball Coaches Association Good Works Team; the team’ purpose is to recognize women’s college players for their charitable achievements and community involvement; team records: 5-4 overall, 1-0 Southern Conference.
• Sarah Taylor (Franklin women’s swimming, Fr.) — top performance: second in the 800-yard freestyle relay at the Transylvania Invitational last weekend, 8:17.8; notes: 12th in the 500 free, 5:37.33; 13th in the 200 free, 2:07.81.
• Jamie Wallace (Indianapolis volleyball, So.) — notes: Wallace and the Greyhounds lost in the NCAA Division II Midwest Regional semifinals to Ferris State last Friday in Allendale, Mich., 3-2; Indianapolis won its opening-round match against Northwood (Mich.) last Thursday, 3-1; Wallace, who made the 2012 Academic All-Great Lakes Valley Conference team, did not play in either match; team records: 25-10 overall, 15-3 GLVC.