• COACH: Chelsea Jordan (first season).
• LAST YEAR’S RECORD: 14-9.
• RETURNING LETTERWINNERS: Tori Flaten, Jr., C; Demetria Towns, So., C; Emily Gray, Jr., P; Macy Neese, Jr., P; Courtney Shepherd, Sr., 3B; Emma Coons, Sr., SS; Mary Pat Geary, Jr., 1B; Dayt’n Minton, Jr., OF; Courtney Fifer, Jr., OF; Sydney Fifer, Jr., OF.
• KEY NEWCOMERS: Jennifer Peffley, Fr., CF; Juliette Schuur, Fr., IF; Baylie Sprague, Jr., OF/IF.
• OUTLOOK: Jordan is trying to instill a new culture within the Red Devil softball program. The former New Albany and University of Louisville player wants her new players to play with more passion and determination. Jordan inherits 10 returning letterwinners, but she wants her team to be more fundamentally sound by the postseason.
• JORDAN SAYS: “We’re trying to employ more of a fundamental foundation. We want to build a program that’s going to be tough for years to come.”
REST OF THE AREA TEAMS
• COACH: Alex Knerr (third season).
• LAST YEAR’S RECORD: 3-13.
• RETURNING LETTERWINNERS: Caitlin McKinley, Sr., 1B/OF; Shelbie Farvour, Sr., P/SS; Paige Weatherford, Sr., 3B/OF; Kristen Nestor, Jr., C; McKency Terflinger, Jr., 3B/OF.
• KEY NEWCOMERS: Paige Schindler, Fr., P; Riley Schindler, Fr., 2B; Haley Shouse, Fr., 1B; Taylor Streander, Fr., 3B.
• OUTLOOK: Eight of Borden’s 13 players are freshmen. But the Braves have a few veteran players who have been with the program since it started four years ago, and they should provide some leadership. Knerr has strengthened the schedule this season to help her younger players develop their skills.
• KNERR SAYS: “I’m really excited about this season. My upperclassmen have worked extremely hard the last couple years and with the addition of all of our freshmen, it should be a fun year. I always tell the girls that there are going to be those games that are difficult to win. But I want them to stay confident and just compete.”