> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
• Cody Banet (IU East men’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 22.5 points per game, 17-30 field goals, 3-8 3-pointers, 8-8 free throws, nine rebounds, eight assists, seven steals, two blocks; top performance: game-high 23 points, shooting 8-of-15 from the floor, 1-of-2 from 3-point range and 6-of-6 from the stripe, game-high six steals and five rebounds in the Red Wolves’ 84-76 win over Trinity Christian last Friday at the St. Xavier (Ill.) University Thanksgiving Classic; team records: 4-8 overall, 0-1 Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
• Brandon Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, So.) — weekly stats: 5.5 points per game, 4-16 field goals, 0-6 3-pointers, 3-4 free throws, four assists, three rebounds; notes: seven points, team-high three assists and two rebounds in the Titans’ 68-63 home loss to Holy Cross (Ind.) last Tuesday; team records: 3-6 overall, 0-1 Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Chris Beam (IU South Bend men’s basketball, Sr.) — top performance: 18 points, shooting 7-of-10 from the field, 1-of-4 from 3-point range and 3-5 from the free-throw line, and five rebounds in the Titans’ 68-63 home loss to Holy Cross (Ind.) last Saturday; team records: 3-6 overall, 0-1 CCAC.
• Aaron Hayes (IU Southeast men’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: Hayes saw action in both of the Grenadiers’ games at the Bill Joergens Memorial Classic last Friday and Saturday in Evansville; IU Southeast lost to Bellarmine last Friday (88-75) and on Saturday to host Southern Indiana (89-87); team record: 5-3.
• Todd Albertson (Greenville (Ill.) men’s basketball, Jr.) — weekly stats: one point per game, 1-1 field goals, two rebounds; notes: two points in the Panthers’ 82-69 home win over St. Louis College of Pharmacy last Tuesday; team record: 4-2.
• Rachel Engle (Western Kentucky volleyball, So.) — season-ending stats: 137 kills, 64 digs, 33 blocks; team records: 27-6 overall, 17-1 Sun Belt Conference.
• Dylan Jenney (Franklin football, Jr.) — top performance: five receptions for 81 yards in the Grizzlies’ 33-3 loss at Wisconsin-Whitewater on Saturday in the second round of the NCAA Division III playoffs; season-ending stats: 33 receptions for 409 yards and four touchdown receptions; team records: 8-4 overall, 8-0 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference.
• Tori Kingsley (IU Southeast women’s basketball, Fr.) — notes: two points in the Grenadiers’ 87-67 loss at Lindsey Wilson last Tuesday; team record: 4-3.
• Kyndall Merritt (Indiana volleyball, So.) — season-ending stats: 67 digs, 19 assists, eight aces; team records: 9-22 overall, 1-19 Big Ten.
• Brigid Morrissey (Furman women’s basketball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 4.5 points per game, 2-5 field goals, 5-6 free throws, seven rebounds, six assists, four steals; notes: six points, game-high four steals, team-high four assists and four rebounds in the Paladins’ 66-61 home win over Yale last Wednesday; team record: 3-4.
• Melanie Stutsman (Western Kentucky volleyball, Sr.) — season-ending stats: team-high 1,315 assists, 233 digs, 123 kills, 53 blocks, team-high 38 aces; team records: 27-6 overall, 17-1 Sun Belt.
• Jordan Thompson (IU Southeast men’s basketball, So.) — notes: one rebound, one assist, one block and one steal in the Grenadiers’ 89-87 loss at Southern Indiana on Saturday at the Bill Joergens Memorial Classic; team record: 5-3.