> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• Ashley Dickerson (Indiana State softball, So.) — weekly stats: 0-for-4, one run scored; notes: one run scored in the Sycamores’ 9-7 home win over Missouri State last Friday; team records: 11-17 overall, 2-4 Missouri Valley Conference.
• Katie Guernsey (St. Joseph’s women’s tennis, Jr.) — notes: No. 4 singles loss (6-1, 6-2) and No. 3 doubles loss (8-4) in the Pumas’ 9-0 setback on Saturday at Indianapolis; team records: 8-3 overall, 0-1 GLVC.
• Sarah Richey (Hanover softball, Fr.) — notes: 0-for-2 in the Panthers’ 2-1 home victory over Westminster (Mo.) last Friday in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team record: 3-9.
• Brent Browner (Indiana Tech wrestling, Fr.) — notes: Browner posted a 10-7 record this season and helped the Warriors finish 16th in the recent NAIA National Championship tournament.
• Sam Burke (IU Southeast baseball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 2-for-12, two runs scored, one RBI; notes: 1-for-3, a run scored and an RBI in the Grenadiers’ 20-4 victory last Friday at Asbury in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 13-13 overall, 5-2 KIAC.
• Patrick Elliott (Ball State men’s tennis, So.) — weekly stats: 2-0 singles record, 2-0 doubles record; top performance: No. 5 singles win (7-6(7-5), 6-2) and No. 1 doubles victory (8-5) in the Cardinals’ 5-2 triumph last Thursday at Butler; team record: 11-6.
• Mitchell Mattingly (IU Southeast baseball, Sr.) — weekly stats: 6-for-19, six runs scored, five RBIs, one home run; top performance: 2-for-4 with two runs scored and two RBIs in the Grenadiers’ 20-4 win last Friday at Asbury in Game 2 of a doubleheader; team records: 13-13 overall, 5-2 KIAC.
• Jalynn McClain (Western Kentucky women’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: four points per game, 2-of-8 field goals, 0-of-1 3-pointers, 4-of-4 free throws, eight rebounds; notes: eight points and six rebounds in the Hilltoppers’ 88-77 home win in overtime over East Carolina in the first round of the Postseason Women’s National Invitation Tournament last Thursday; season-ending stats: 6.4 points per game, 4.1 rebounds per game; team records: 22-11 overall, 13-7 Sun Belt Conference.
• Natalie Nikitas (Bluffton softball, Jr.) — weekly stats: 5-for-11, three RBIs, one run scored, one double, one home run; top performance: 3-for-4 with a double and two RBIs in the Beavers’ 10-4 home loss to Transylvania in Game 1 of a doubleheader; team records: 9-7 overall, 1-1 HCAC.
• Ryan Pierce (Bellarmine baseball, Sr.) — notes: 0-for-1 in the Knights’ 5-2 home victory over Rockhurst in Game 1 of a doubleheader last Friday; team records: 7-9 overall, 3-3 GLVC.
• Kayla Poppe (St. Mary-of-the-Woods softball, Fr.) — notes: losing pitcher in a relief role in the Pomeroys’ 13-11 home loss last Friday in Game 2 of a doubleheader, five innings pitched, eight runs allowed (all earned), nine hits, five strikeouts, two walks; team record: 6-2.
• Trice Whaley (Rend Lake men’s basketball, Fr.) — weekly stats: 6.5 points per game, 9-of-15 field goals, 1-of-1 3-pointers, 7-of-8 free throws, nine rebounds, five assists, three steals; top performance: 12 points, shooting 2-of-3 from the field, 1-of-1 from 3-point range and 7-of-8 from the line, and two rebounds in the Warriors’ 80-75 victory over Owens Community College in the semifinals of the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II Men’s Basketball National Championship tournament last Friday in Danville, Ill.; notes: Whaley and the Warriors proceeded to win the NJCAA Division II national title on Saturday with an 87-69 victory over Moraine Valley Community College; Whaley had two points and two assists; team records: 30-3 overall, 14-2 Great Rivers Athletic Conference.