> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
Sectional First Round Stars
• Andrew Jones, Clarksville: Jones had a Clarksville-best 12 points, including getting the Generals off to a fast start with the teams’ first five points, in a big 39-35 victory over Providence.
• Jeff Byrne, New Albany: Byrne had a team-best 14 points, including four 3-pointers, as the Bulldogs knocked off Seymour, 85-30, to advance to Friday’s semifinals.
• Garrett Vick, Borden: Vick led the balanced Braves with 14 points in an easy 64-38 first-round win over South Central.
• Shae Durham, Silver Creek: In his last game as a Dragon, Durham had a team-best 13 points in a 49-37 first-round loss to Brownstown Central.
• Jackson Logsdon, Floyd Central: In his final game at Floyd, Logsdon had a team-high 12 points in the Highlanders’ loss to Jeff.
• Will Brown, Rock Creek: The sophomore had a team-best 18 points in a 75-64 loss to Lanesville for the Lions, who appear to have a bright future ahead of them.
BOYS’ POWER POLL
Team Record Last
1. Jeffersonville 20-3 1
3. Borden 18-3 3
4. Clarksville 16-5 4
2. Providence 17-4 2
5. New Albany 14-7 5
6. Charlestown 11-10 6
7. Silver Creek 9-12 7
8. Eastern 9-11 8
9. Christian Academy 11-9 9
10. New Washington 9-12 —
Note on the Power Poll: The power polls aren’t based solely on which teams would beat which. Team records, how teams are expected to perform in their respective class sectionals and how the teams are playing in the past couple of weeks are factors also taken into account.