NEW ALBANY —
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
• Jimmy Garcia, Charlestown: Garcia had a mind-blowing performance in the Pirates’ 35-0 win over Corydon Central on Friday, finishing with 12 tackles, including three assisted tackles, two quarterback sacks, seven tackles for loss and a forced fumble.
“Jimmy had one of the best games I have ever seen from a defensive lineman,” Charlestown coach Jason Hawkins said. “He was everywhere.”
OTHER WEEK 7 STARS
• Brandon Stout, Floyd Central: Stout played three different positions and helped the Highlanders to a 69-7 win over Bedford North Lawrence on Friday. Stout carried the ball three times for 74 yards, caught a pair of passes for 73 yards and a score and completed three of his four passes for 51 yards.
• Antonyo Gaddie, Clarksville: The Charlestown freshman had 151 yards on 21 carries and had touchdown runs of 22, 41 and 24 yards in the third quarter alone as the Pirates blasted Corydon Central 35-0.
• Vincent Falcone, New Albany: Falcone nailed two 44-yard field goals, including one that tied the game at 26 apiece in the third quarter of the Bulldogs’ 33-26 triumph over rival Jeffersonville.
• Cam Northern, Jeffersonville: The Jeff freshman came in during the second quarter and completed 23-of-41 passes for 318 yards and four touchdowns as the Red Devils fell short.
• Conner Johnson, Providence: Johnson carried eight times for 112 yards and a touchdown in Providence’s win over Mitchell.
• Brooks Howell, Silver Creek: Howell completed 13-of-22 passes for 187 yards and three touchdowns in the Dragons’ 31-28 loss to North Harrison on Friday.
• Ravon Wright, New Albany: Wright caught five passes for 101 yards and a score as the Bulldogs defeated Jeffersonville.
• Zach Donan, New Albany: Donan had one of the best games of his career, completing 11-of-22 passes for 155 yards and a touchdown in the Bulldogs’ win over Jeff.
• Isaiah Mack, Jeffersonville: Mack had 11 tackles and was instrumental in helping slow New Albany star back Tuwan Payton in the 33-26 loss.
• Austin Roberts, Eastern: Roberts completed seven of his 15 passes for 55 yards and ran for the Musketeers’ only score in a 57-7 loss to Salem on Friday.
• Kordell Sowers, Clarksville: The Clarksville sophomore led the Generals with seven tackles in Friday’s 57-6 loss to Brownstown Central.