> SOUTHERN INDIANA —
• COACH: Bret James, second season.
• RETURNING LETTERWINNERS: Matthew Wilson, Jr.; Collin Schindler, Jr.; Caleb Griffith, Jr.; Dakota Dieterlen, Sr.
• KEY NEWCOMERS: Seth Holloway, Fr.; Andrew Wilson, So.; Aaron Powell, So.; John Barger, So.; Isaac Smith; Michael Curry, Jr.; Allen Crews, Fr.
• OUTLOOK: Matthew Wilson is the leader of the Mustangs, who is comprised primarily of inexperienced players. James plans on playing Schindler at the No. 2 spot. Dieterlen played on the team his freshman year, but did not play as a sophomore or junior.
• JAMES SAYS: “Matt Wilson has some potential to be a nice little golfer. We have a bunch of kids on the golf team that want to play and want to learn. We’ve got good hard-working kids.”
• COACH: Kaleb Lay, first season.
• RETURNING LETTERWINNERS: Brett Kastetler, Sr.; Jeremiah Wilkinson, Sr.; Ben Hill, Jr.; Torin Jenkins, Jr.; Luke Thompson, Jr.
• KEY NEWCOMERS: Max Vogen, Fr.; Evan Popp, Jr.
• OUTLOOK: Kastetler qualified for the Providence Regional last year after firing an 81 at the Madison Sectional. Kastetler has his sights set on returning to regional this year. Lay, a Silver Creek graduate, thinks Vogen and Wilkinson have a chance of making it out of sectional this season.
• LAY SAYS: “I’m expecting our No. 1 to do well and build on last year’s sectional. Our goal is to eventually make it out of the sectional as a team.”
• COACH: Joe Ledbetter, 23rd season.
• RETURNING LETTERWINNERS: Sam Garr, Jr.; Ryan Baker, So.; Cody Zimmerman, So.; Cam Carder, Jr.; Dylan Dean, Jr.
• KEY NEWCOMERS: Phil Polston, Sr.
• OUTLOOK: Garr, who helped the Dragons’ boys’ basketball team win the Class 3A North Harrison Sectional last month, advanced to last season’s Providence Regional by shooting 76 at the sectional. He hopes to duplicate that feat this season. Ledbetter expects the Dragons to compete against Corydon Central and Scottsburg for this season’s Mid-Southern Conference title.
• LEDBETTER SAYS: “[Garr] is done with basketball now, so he can concentrate on golf. I don’t know how we stack up in the conference. Our sectional is still tough.”