• QB Andrew Luck posted the seventh 300-yard passing game of his brief NFL career in last week’s loss to Miami.
• Since the start of the 2012 season, Luck has rushed for six touchdowns. That’s the most of any AFC quarterback during that time period.
• Luck played two seasons under current 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. The quarterback led the school to 31 wins, the most ever by a Stanford signal caller. Harbaugh recruited Luck to the school.
• 49ers offensive Greg Roman was Luck’s position coach from 2009-10 at Stanford. ... Luck started 38 games at Stanford, completing 713-of-1,064 passes for 9,430 yards, 82 touchdowns and 22 interceptions.
• TE Coby Fleener, WR Griff Whalen and S Delano Howell all played at Stanford under Harbaugh along with Luck.
• Colts offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton served on Jim Harbaugh’s coaching staff at Stanford. He served as wide receivers coach on Harbaugh’s Stanford 2010 team. Hamilton also served as an offensive assistant and quarterbacks coach in San Francisco during the 2006 season.
• Harbaugh played quarterback for Indianapolis from 1994-97, leading the franchise to the AFC title game in 1995 and earning the nickname of “Captain Comeback.”
• In 53 games with the Colts, he started 46 games and completed 746-of-1,230 passes for 8,705 yards and 49 touchdowns. Harbaugh earned Pro Bowl, Comeback Player of the Year and AFC Player of the Year honors after the 1995 season. He is a member of the Colts’ Ring of Honor at Lucas Oil Stadium (inducted in 2005).
• San Francisco defensive coordinator Vic Fangio is a former defensive coordinator with the Colts (1999-01). Fangio was also Stanford’s defensive coordinator when Luck played there. Colts defensive coordinator Greg Manusky was the San Francisco defensive coordinator from 2007 to 2010. Indianapolis defensive line coach Gary Emanuel was the 49ers defensive line coach from 2005-06.
• Colts DT Ricky Jean-Francois played for the 49ers from 2009 to 2012. OLB Cam Johnson played for San Francisco last season. ... Indianapolis CB Vontae Davis is the younger brother of San Francisco 49ers TE Vernon Davis.
• RB Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for 116 yards and a touchdown in his last regular-season game with the 49ers (while with the New York Giants on 10/14/12). Bradshaw made his first start with the Colts in last week’s loss to Miami.
• WR Reggie Wayne needs one touchdown in order to become the 11th player in NFL history with 13,000-plus receiving yards and 80 touchdown catches. ... Since 2001, Wayne has an NFL-best 13,205 receiving yards. ... Wayne has 12 catches for 147 yards and a touchdown in his last meeting with the 49ers (11/1/09). ... Wayne is averaging 118.2 yards in his past five meetings with NFC teams.
• WR T.Y. Hilton posted his sixth 100-yard receiving game of his career in last week’s loss to Miami (124 yards). Hilton had six receptions for 100 yards in his last game against an NFC opponent.
• OLB Robert Mathis has recorded five sacks in his past five games with NFC teams.