JEFFERSONVILLE — Jared and Kelly Kempton, Charlestown, welcomed their newborn son Spencer in the Women's Care Place at Clark Memorial Hospital in Jeffersonville on Thursday morning. Spencer was born at 10:02 a.m. on New Year's Day, making him the first baby born at the hospital in the new year. The couple said they had a rough year in 2013. While they were driving across the country from New Mexico last April, they received a call that the house in Memphis that they were moving to was destroyed in a fire. "He's our good luck start to the new year," Kelly said. Spencer weighed seven pounds and nine ounces, and was 21.5 inches long. See related photos.
Allan Leith, and daughter, Grace, Louisville, head back after reaching the now blocked off end of the Big Four Bridge in Jeffersonville Wednesday afternoon.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- ‘I’m just moving forward’: Acquitted in his family’s murder, David Camm gives first public talk
- Clark County officials balk at Jeffersonville partnerships
- INDOT contract for state road clean-up signed in Jeffersonville
- Clark County commissioners renew health insurance
- Meeting with INDOT yields no new Big Four opening date in Jeffersonville
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
H.S. BASEBALL: Bulldogs beat Jeff in 11 in instant classic
Smith’s RBI single gives New Albany 7-6 victoryContinued ...
- HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL: New Albany beats Jeff for 10-0 start
- HIGH SCHOOL ROUNDUP: Dickey throws no-hitter as Pioneers beat Clarksville, 13-0
- HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS: Providence moving to synthetic turf
- H.S. BASEBALL: Bulldogs beat Jeff in 11 in instant classic
- LOCAL OPINIONS
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR