JEFFERSONVILLE — Jared and Kelly Kempton, Charlestown, welcomed their newborn son Spencer in the Women's Care Place at Clark Memorial Hospital in Jeffersonville on Thursday morning. Spencer was born at 10:02 a.m. on New Year's Day, making him the first baby born at the hospital in the new year. The couple said they had a rough year in 2013. While they were driving across the country from New Mexico last April, they received a call that the house in Memphis that they were moving to was destroyed in a fire. "He's our good luck start to the new year," Kelly said. Spencer weighed seven pounds and nine ounces, and was 21.5 inches long. See related photos.
Literacy Is For Everyone Director Don Walker, Jeffersonville, stands in the former sanctuary at Faith Lutheran Church in Jeffersonville on Tuesday afternoon. LIFE is a new program sponsored by the church designed to help adults overcome literacy issues.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- Indiana graduation rates unchanged from 2012
- AP's 10 things to know today
- MOSS: Local businessman is a shining example
- TURNING A NEW PAGE: Jeffersonville adult literacy program looks to boost opportunities
- Proposed park, Little League facility hits snag with New Albany plan commission
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE: Bats' Gotay off to torrid start
Journeyman slugging .816, has 10 RBIs in 10 games this seasonContinued ...
- H.S. ROUNDUP: Providence softball smashes South Central, 12-4
- H.S. GIRLS' TRACK: Solis now excelling at two events
- H.S. ROUNDUP: Generals pay back Mustangs, 9-2
- INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE: Bats' Gotay off to torrid start
- LOCAL OPINIONS
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR