JEFFERSONVILLE — The city of Jeffersonville began work this week on 6.5 acre park at the corner of Allison Lane and Middle Road. Allison Brook Park will have three tiers, a walking path and a community garden. See related photo.
Jamar Hobbs and Brooke Tacket, first graders at Maple Elementary School in Jeffersonville, pick a small toy from a pile during the school's 12th annual Bears on Parade. Stuffed animals are donated and given to each student in the school.
Bears on Parade gives toys to students at Maple Elementary
The elves made sure the setup was perfect while the kids were rounded up in their classrooms. Katrina Pierce made a couple of last-minute calls, including to Mrs. Claus, to make sure everything was ready.
- Bears on Parade gives toys to students at Maple Elementary
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
H.S. BOYS' BASKETBALL: Devils hang on to beat Dragons, 72-63
Williams, Harvey score 21 apiece in victoryContinued ...
- H.S. BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Pioneers pull away to beat Charlestown
- H.S. BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Bulldogs blow out Seymour, 65-40
- HIGH SCHOOL ROUNDUP: Borden advances past Eastern 58-40
- H.S. BOYS' BASKETBALL: Devils hang on to beat Dragons, 72-63
- LOCAL OPINIONS
DODD: A Christmas blessing
On Friday, Dec. 16, a group of my friends, some of whom I knew and some whom I had never met discovered a wonderful thing. Fifty dollars made each one of us who shared an idea very happy. What if you just walked up to a complete stranger and simply handed them $50 and wished them a “Merry Christmas.”Continued ...
- CHEERS AND JEERS: Dec. 21, 2013
- LETTERS TO EDITOR: Dec. 21, 2013
- STAWAR: Holidays of pain
- DODD: A Christmas blessing
- LOCAL FEATURES