JEFFERSONVILLE — Children with the New Albany Parks Department programs learned about firefighting equipment while visiting the Vintage Fire Museum, 723 Spring St., Jeffersonville, Thursday afternoon. The Vintage Fire Museum will hold its grand opening ceremony at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. See related photo.
David Bennett, Jeffersonville, is pictured at Riverview Village in Clarksville where he is undergoing rehabilitation after losing his leg due to diabetic complications. Bennett is a 1981 New Albany High School graduate, and was on the 1980 basketball team that finished the season with a 27-1 record.
NAHS standout Dave Bennett adjusting to a new way of life with help of friend, family
The surgery was in April and his prosthetic leg was fitted July 4. Bennett is rehabbing at River View, determined to win this game as well.
- NAHS standout Dave Bennett adjusting to a new way of life with help of friend, family
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
BROTHERLY BOND: Underhill brothers have turned Olmsted into winners
Ex-Jeff players have developed family culture at Louisville schoolContinued ...
- AUTO RACING: Kimmel matches career-high finish
- BABE RUTH SOFTBALL: Floyds Knobs 8U team third at regionals
- TRACKING: Sean Godfrey
- BROTHERLY BOND: Underhill brothers have turned Olmsted into winners
- LOCAL OPINIONS
DODD: A man and his garbage can
We stopped at a farm store in Jeffersonville this past week. Kim had seen an ad where a really nice garbage can was on sale for $19.95. It was a deluxe model with roller wheels and all.Continued ...
- CHEERS & JEERS: Aug. 2-3, 2014
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Aug. 2-3, 2014
- STAWAR: Suffering from ‘selfitis’
- DODD: A man and his garbage can
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR