JEFFERSONVILLE — Jeffersonville Mayor Mike Moore greeted Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer at the midway point of the Big Four Bridge during the official opening ceremony Wednesday. The Indiana side hastily opened May 20, so officials organized Wednesday's ceremony to officially christen the pedestrian and biking bridge.
Official grand opening ceremony held Wednesday
The Jeffersonville High School student body enjoys a performance by JHS alumni, The Juice Box Heroes, in celebration of PRIDE, which stands for Persistence, Respectfulness, Initiative, Dependability and Efficiency, on the JHS football field Friday afternoon. The celebration was able to combine the kick-off the behavioral expectations for students and the start of the new school year.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL: New Albany expects success in Indy
Tourney begins Saturday against Ohio championsContinued ...
- LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL: Jeff/GRC going to Akron to win
- LITTLE LEAGUE: Little League success causes bearable disruptions
- AMERICAN LEGION BASEBALL: Floyds Knobs bows out at state
- LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL: New Albany expects success in Indy
- LOCAL OPINIONS
DODD: A man and his garbage can
We stopped at a farm store in Jeffersonville this past week. Kim had seen an ad where a really nice garbage can was on sale for $19.95. It was a deluxe model with roller wheels and all.Continued ...
- CHEERS & JEERS: Aug. 2-3, 2014
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Aug. 2-3, 2014
- STAWAR: Suffering from ‘selfitis’
- DODD: A man and his garbage can
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR