FLOYD COUNTY — Nearly hidden by a blanket of yellow, field worker Nick Grantz harvests chrysanthemums for HB Farms Wholesale Greenhouses in a field at the corner of Starlight and Scottsville roads on Tuesday morning. All total, owner and operator Robert Wimsatt and his crews are working to harvest 80,000 of the flowers, more simply known as mums, to sell around the region this season.
Harvest time for chrysanthemums
The clock tower on top of the Second Baptist Church is pictured in downtown New Albany on Monday afternoon.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- Grand opening scheduled for Jeffersonville’s Woehrle Athletic Complex
- Indiana BMV extends hours for voters needing photo IDs
- MOSS: Business leaders praise 1si’s Dant Chesser for leadership
- A MAKEOVER OR A TAKEOVER? New Albany Clean and Green, mayor butt heads
- Greater Clark improves on state reading exam
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL: Decker gambles in Creek’s 1-0 win
Borden fooled by hidden-ball trick to end the gameContinued ...
- SOFTBALL: Providence hold on for city championship
- FOOTBALL: Football returning to Scottsburg
- HIGH SCHOOL ROUNDUP: Silver Creek softball rallies past Corydon
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL: Decker gambles in Creek’s 1-0 win
- LOCAL OPINIONS
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR