FLOYD COUNTY — Nearly hidden by a blanket of yellow, field worker Nick Grantz harvests chrysanthemums for HB Farms Wholesale Greenhouses in a field at the corner of Starlight and Scottsville roads on Tuesday morning. All total, owner and operator Robert Wimsatt and his crews are working to harvest 80,000 of the flowers, more simply known as mums, to sell around the region this season.
Harvest time for chrysanthemums
Andrew Reid, 4, and Kaiden Jarboe, 4, head back to their parents after gettin as many Easter eggs as they could at an egg hunt on Saturday at Colgate Park. About 6,000 eggs were laid out for the children.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- Introduction of new 930 area code gradual in Southern Indiana
- FEMA’s disaster decisions frustrate state, local leaders
- Civil lawsuit against Clark County drug program grows
- Wreck on I-64 severely injures passenger
- Clark County parks officials look to grow Easter events
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
H.S. SOFTBALL: Atkins leads New Albany to invitational title
Dog get by Creek 6-4 in championship gameContinued ...
- H.S. GIRLS’ TENNIS: Devil defeat Dog 4-1 in Jeff Dual
- H.S. ROUNDUP: Bulldogs take down No. 1 Jasper
- COLLEGE TENNIS: IUS men’s tennis earns 6-3 win over Rose-Hulman
- H.S. SOFTBALL: Atkins leads New Albany to invitational title
- LOCAL OPINIONS
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR