CHARLESTOWN — Charles Jones, a Vietnam veteran from Charlestown, said he has displayed an American flag on his barn for the past five years "in remembrance and honor for all Americans, and the heroes we left behind." Jones, who has lived in Charlestown for the past 65 years, found help from family and friends in mounting the 12 x 15 foot flag.
Charlestown's Charles Jones displays flag 'for heroes we left behind,' too
Rachel May, New Albany, left, works with Julia Coward, 13, Jeffersonville, during the Rachel May Studios and New Albany Production House's Jam Camp in New Albany on Thursday afternoon. A total of six participants attended the week-long camp for teenagers where they worked on songwriting, musicianship, artist development, and recording.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- JAM SESSION: Students learn the art of the music business in New Albany
- Owner says New Albany day care empty despite complaints
- 2014-2015 Greater Clark County School Directory
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For July 26-27
- 3 cyclists injured on governor’s motorcycle ride
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL: Jeff runs by Riverfield 14-4 in state opener
District 5 champions finish with 15 hits, nine stolen basesContinued ...
- LITTLE LEAGUE ROUNDUP: New Albany 9-10s blank Highlands
- TRACKING: Sean Godfrey
- LEGION BASEBALL: Reister, Post 42 force title game
- LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL: Jeff runs by Riverfield 14-4 in state opener
- LOCAL OPINIONS
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR