City of Jeffersonville workers install a steel sculpture resembling a sproutling in Gaither Park Tuesday afternoon. The sculpture, located at 8th Street and Nachand Lane, was created by the Jeffersonville High School art and welding departments and assisted by a multitude of local Jeffersonville businesses. See attached photo.
Jamie Collins, Scottsburg, works on lesson plans in her classroom at Scribner Middle School on Monday afternoon. Collins was the recipient of a $100 gift card to the Your Educational Supply Store from the New Albany-Floyd County Consolidated School Corp. Education Foundation. All first-time teachers in the school system received a gift card to help them set up their classrooms.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- NEWS AND TRIBUNE BRIEFS — For July 29
- Colston Park plan in Jeffersonville irks residents
- Jeffersonville marina project starting to move forward
- Great start for school: New Albany-Floyd County schools teachers get a boost from foundation
- Crew busy strengthening New Albany's line of flood defense
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL: New Albany 9-10s win fourth consecutive state title
All-Stars bomb Dyer 10-1 for crown, outscore state opponents 60-7Continued ...
- LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL: JEFF/GRC claims Junior state championship
- LEGION BASEBALL: Post 42 wins regional, headed to state for first time
- LITTLE LEAGUE SOFTBALL: Jeff runs by Riverfield 14-4 in state opener
- LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL: New Albany 9-10s win fourth consecutive state title
- LOCAL OPINIONS
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR