City of Jeffersonville workers install a steel sculpture resembling a sproutling in Gaither Park Tuesday afternoon. The sculpture, located at 8th Street and Nachand Lane, was created by the Jeffersonville High School art and welding departments and assisted by a multitude of local Jeffersonville businesses. See attached photo.
Members of the Jeffersonville Arts Movement began construction in the Port Fulton neighborhood, Friday, to create an "S" curve bench, using old tires filled with dirt as the foundation. The project, divided into two phases, will use wine bottles and other sustainable materials to cover the foundation and should be completed by the end of next weekend, weather permitting.
- LATEST NEWS POSTS
- CALLING ALL ARTISTS: Jeffersonville asking for public sculpture designs
- Introduction of new 930 area code gradual in Southern Indiana
- FEMA’s disaster decisions frustrate state, local leaders
- Civil lawsuit against Clark County drug program grows
- Wreck on I-64 severely injures passenger
- SOUTHERN INDIANA SPORTS
H.S. SOFTBALL: Atkins leads New Albany to invitational title
Dog get by Creek 6-4 in championship gameContinued ...
- H.S. GIRLS’ TENNIS: Devil defeat Dog 4-1 in Jeff Dual
- H.S. ROUNDUP: Bulldogs take down No. 1 Jasper
- COLLEGE TENNIS: IUS men’s tennis earns 6-3 win over Rose-Hulman
- H.S. SOFTBALL: Atkins leads New Albany to invitational title
- LOCAL OPINIONS
- LOCAL FEATURES
- EVENTS CALENDAR