SYRACUSE — Lake Country organizations came together June 22 to create a grand event. The Wawasee Property Owners Organization, the Wawasee Area Conservancy Foundation, the Wawasee Wooden Boat Club, Turkey Creek Fire Department and Chautauqua Wawasee enjoyed huge crowds at their combined summer kickoff at Oakwood Resort.
Because of the infrequency in time and location of total solar eclipses, scientists historically have had difficulty studying broad, controlled data collections on eclipse-related animal behavior. But with the advent of smartphone technology, researchers are looping in citizen scientists to help record the effects of solar eclipses.
This Week's Circulars
Masako N. Santos, of New Albany, Indiana, passed away peacefully on Monday, July 15, 2019 at Silvercrest Nursing Home at the age of 89. Masako was born in Okinawa, Japan and endured many hardships in her young life including protecting her younger siblings during the occupation of Okinawa by…
- Southern Indiana responds to effects from marijuana-legal states
- Destructive black carp found near Indiana waterways
- Ouster of some hotel residents early sparks protest in Clarksville
- Jeffersonville native, 79, a bench pressing phenom
- Goshen girl with terminal illness raises calves as final wish
- Luxury apartments, retail planned for Woerner Avenue in Clarksville
- Clarksville police respond to shots fired Monday night
- UPDATE: Man shot by police at Memphis truck stop dies
- Vigil to be held Saturday for Clark County inmate who died last week
- Which Wich sandwich shop to open on Grant Line Road