The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
June 2021 Obituaries
A celebration of life will be held from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM on 2021-08-28 at Hidden Creek Golf Course Event Room, 4975 Utica Sellersburg Road Sellersburg, Indiana. Masks required. .
Elmer Lee Klinstiver, 58, passed from this life to his heavenly home on Thursday, July 29, 2021 with his family by his side. He was born on January 27, 1963 at Floyd Memorial Hospital in New Albany to Elmer L. Klinstiver and the late Edna "May" (Schoen) Klinstiver. Lee was a Lutheran by fait…
Travis Lance Sprinkle, 41, of Jeffersonville, IN, passed away on July 24, 2021. He was an Army Veteran. During his time in the service he served as a nurse/medic in Iraq under Operation Freedom. Travis was a registered nurse in many facets of healthcare including dialysis, occupational healt…
- UPDATE: Man held without bond in Clarksville murder, arson
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody in Clarksville homicide
- Panera Bread part of new developments coming to New Albany
- JUST IN: Jeff police investigating homicide after man found dead Friday
- One killed after crash on U.S. 150 in Floyd County
- Pilot hospitalized after small plane crash in Floyd County
- JUST IN: Man charged with murder after body found in Jeffersonville last week
- Southern Indiana artist transforms tree into symbol of love, unity
- GOLF: Henryville couple ready to represent Team USA
- Johnny Budd new Borden-Henryville superintendent