Last year, Jeffersonville resident John Dougherty logged nearly 19,000 miles to help rescue 400 dogs, 10 cats, a hedgehog and a ferret.
Elizabeth DePompei is the digital editor for The News and Tribune. She has degrees in journalism and film from the University of Cincinnati and CUNY's Hunter College and was previously the paper's criminal justice reporter.
As featured on
This Week's Circulars
Funeral services 11:00 AM Saturday at Grayson's in Charlestown with burial in Charlestown Cemetery. Visitation Friday 1:00 to 8:00 PM and Saturday after 10:00 AM.
Larry A. Hume, 66, died Saturday, June 22, 2019. The son of the late Wallace Lee and Billie Jean (Hayes) Hume, Larry was born May 5, 1953 in Louisville, Kentucky. He was a graduate of Flaget High School and retired from LG&E. He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife,Velma Jean H…
- Jeffersonville looks to transform 10th Street into residential area
- UPDATE: Nearly 100 people to be displaced after Clarksville hotel sale
- Man with terminal cancer marries fiancée at Baptist Health Floyd
- Man killed in car crash on I-265 in Floyd County
- Jeffersonville drainage project will displace some residents
- Downtown Jeffersonville residents protest noise from local businesses
- Celtics: Langford's toughness part of Celtics appeal
- 'Suspicious person' arrested near Amazon for carrying gun without permit
- Centenary United Methodist Church to host final worship service Sunday
- Bills to help Hoosiers with disabilities signed into law