INDIANAPOLIS – More than 15,000 teachers flooded the Indiana Statehouse today, demanding change and more funding for public schools.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Some residents of a quiet Henryville road are not happy following a vote by the Clark County Planning and Zoning Commission on Wednesday to rezone a nearby agricultural area for business usage.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Cylicron, LLC, a Jeffersonville industrial roller and cylinder manufacturer, hopes to establish a new company at its Maritime Road facility, which would create 15 jobs that pay an average of $22 an hour.
JEFFERSONVILLE — A couple times a month, Jim and Donna Costin visit Schimpff’s Confectionery in downtown Jeffersonville to eat at the candy shop’s deli.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Dollar General continues to make shopping easier and more convenient for customers in Jeffersonville with the grand opening of its newly-relocated store at 1914 E 10th. St. on Saturday, July 22, beginning at 8 a.m., a submitted Dollar General news release stated.
JEFFERSONVILLE — The Hub Café, a Jeffersonville restaurant known for its roti, is ready for a new kingdom after almost two years ruling the west side of 10th Street.
DETROIT — Indiana will get nearly $1 million in a multi-state agreement with Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp. settling an investigation into fuel economy ratings.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Nu-Yale Cleaners, a Jeffersonville-based business, couldn’t afford to bump up some of its drivers’ salaries after the U.S. Department of Labor announced it was changing the Fair Labor Standards Act in May, said Debbie Bowen, a human resources manager for the business.
This Week's Circulars
Visitation: 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Monday, October 26, 2020, Newcomer Cremations, Funerals & Receptions (New Albany). Funeral Service: 11:00 am, Tuesday, at the funeral home. www.NewcomerKentuckiana.com
- Silver Creek board approves $30 million budget
- New Albany man upset over missing political signs
- Two suspects arrested for impersonating police in Jeffersonville
- Starlight Coffee Co. adding fourth location, this time in Sellersburg
- Here's where to vote early in Clark and Floyd counties
- Housing boom continues in Southern Indiana
- UPDATE: Sellersburg home destroyed in early morning fire
- HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Rock Creek forfeits 1st-round sectional game
- Project underway to relocate "Poor Farm" cemetery at River Ridge site
- Clarksville fire station receives Safe Haven Baby Box