INDIANAPOLIS – More than 15,000 teachers flooded the Indiana Statehouse today, demanding change and more funding for public schools.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Some residents of a quiet Henryville road are not happy following a vote by the Clark County Planning and Zoning Commission on Wednesday to rezone a nearby agricultural area for business usage.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Cylicron, LLC, a Jeffersonville industrial roller and cylinder manufacturer, hopes to establish a new company at its Maritime Road facility, which would create 15 jobs that pay an average of $22 an hour.
JEFFERSONVILLE — A couple times a month, Jim and Donna Costin visit Schimpff’s Confectionery in downtown Jeffersonville to eat at the candy shop’s deli.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Dollar General continues to make shopping easier and more convenient for customers in Jeffersonville with the grand opening of its newly-relocated store at 1914 E 10th. St. on Saturday, July 22, beginning at 8 a.m., a submitted Dollar General news release stated.
JEFFERSONVILLE — The Hub Café, a Jeffersonville restaurant known for its roti, is ready for a new kingdom after almost two years ruling the west side of 10th Street.
DETROIT — Indiana will get nearly $1 million in a multi-state agreement with Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp. settling an investigation into fuel economy ratings.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Nu-Yale Cleaners, a Jeffersonville-based business, couldn’t afford to bump up some of its drivers’ salaries after the U.S. Department of Labor announced it was changing the Fair Labor Standards Act in May, said Debbie Bowen, a human resources manager for the business.
This Week's Circulars
A look at those lost in January, 2021
Mark Alan Smith, 61 years of age, passed away on April 7, 2021. He was born on March 19, 1960 in New Albany to Charles and Mary Jo Smith. Mark was a 1978 graduate from New Albany High School, retired as a Lieutenant Colonel with 28 years in the Indiana Army National Guard and was a 40 year e…
- UPDATE: Two children in critical condition following New Albany crash
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL PREVIEW: 12 players to watch this season
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Silver Creek hangs on for Class 3A state title
- 'A servant at heart', Mark Seabrook praised for leadership, character
- Torchy's Tacos opens Wednesday in Jeffersonville
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Jacobi caps career with huge performance
- New Albany council turns down environment commission
- German-style beer hall planned for downtown Jeffersonville
- Beatles music returns Memorial Day weekend with 'Penny Lane at the Park'
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Jacobi, Kaufman-Renn are twice-in-a-lifetime players