INDIANAPOLIS – More than 15,000 teachers flooded the Indiana Statehouse today, demanding change and more funding for public schools.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Some residents of a quiet Henryville road are not happy following a vote by the Clark County Planning and Zoning Commission on Wednesday to rezone a nearby agricultural area for business usage.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Cylicron, LLC, a Jeffersonville industrial roller and cylinder manufacturer, hopes to establish a new company at its Maritime Road facility, which would create 15 jobs that pay an average of $22 an hour.
JEFFERSONVILLE — A couple times a month, Jim and Donna Costin visit Schimpff’s Confectionery in downtown Jeffersonville to eat at the candy shop’s deli.
JEFFERSONVILLE — Dollar General continues to make shopping easier and more convenient for customers in Jeffersonville with the grand opening of its newly-relocated store at 1914 E 10th. St. on Saturday, July 22, beginning at 8 a.m., a submitted Dollar General news release stated.
JEFFERSONVILLE — The Hub Café, a Jeffersonville restaurant known for its roti, is ready for a new kingdom after almost two years ruling the west side of 10th Street.
DETROIT — Indiana will get nearly $1 million in a multi-state agreement with Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp. settling an investigation into fuel economy ratings.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Nu-Yale Cleaners, a Jeffersonville-based business, couldn’t afford to bump up some of its drivers’ salaries after the U.S. Department of Labor announced it was changing the Fair Labor Standards Act in May, said Debbie Bowen, a human resources manager for the business.
This Week's Circulars
Agnes Mae Schmidt died July 10, 2020. She is survived by her son, Gary Schmidt (Judith); five granddaughters; and a great-grandson. Per the family's request, all services will be private.
Margaret Pfister 96, Died July 7, 2020. Visitation is Sun. July 12 from 11 am-2 pm. with service at 2 pm all at E.M. Coots' Sons Funeral Home.
Rita Karnes, 88, passed away Wednesday at her home. Visitation, Market Street Chapel of Naville & Seabrook Funeral Homes, Monday, July 13, 2-6 p.m. Service, Tuesday, 10 a.m.
A graveside service with full military honors for James Brian Powell, will be at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 14, 2020, at Greenville Greenlawn Cemetery in Greenville, IN. www.NewcomerKentuckiana.com
- Longtime Clark County community health advocate dies
- Prosecutor: Fatal shooting of Malcolm Williams by trooper justified
- Henryville/Borden School Corp. approves reopening plan
- 'Back the Blue' rally planned Sunday in Jeffersonville
- New Albany resolution would encourage wearing of face coverings in public
- Fistful of Tacos opening brewpub in New Albany
- Hot dog shop to open in downtown Jeffersonville
- New Albany manufacturer offering drive-thru job fair
- Statue of escaped slave turned Civil War nurse vandalized in New Albany
- Floyd commissioners support 2nd Amendment, stop short of 'sanctuary'
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.