NEW ALBANY — The Keg Liquors Fest of Ale event will celebrate its 14th anniversary from 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday, June 1, and its fourth year hosting thousands of people at the New Albany Riverfront Amphitheater, located below East Main Street at the foot of Pearl Street.
Thousands of fun-loving beer drinking folks from Southern Indiana and Louisville gather annually, rain or shine for the event, presented by The Keg Liquors to sample beers from around the world, socialize with friends, and raise funds for our children in need — Crusade for Children, according to a Fest of Ale news release. This grassroots fun fest promotes independent breweries and businesses, offering over 250 craft and import ales for sample, plus wine, ciders and hard sodas.
Founder of the fest, Todd Antz’s father was a Jeffersonville firefighter, and grew up watching firefighters all over the area helping raise funds for the Crusade, so this event has a special tie helping local fire departments raise funds.
Tickets are $40 to $45 in advance and $55 at the gate on the day of the event. Advance tickets are available through Keg Liquors, at 617 E. Lewis and Clark Parkway, Clarksville, or at 4304 Charlestown Road, New Albany, for $40, or $45 online at www.thekegfestofale.com.
The Keg Liquors Fest of Ale was created as a fundraiser for the Crusade for Children and has raised over $100,000 to date. Last year, the event raised more than $17,000 for area kids who benefit from the Crusade. The Keg Fest of Ale will be running donations through the New Albany Fire Department.
“Keg Liquors Fest of Ale has been a labor of love for 14 years as a platform for my family and the local fire departments to give back through our partnership with the Crusade for Children,” Antz stated in the release. “Unlike our friends across the river, in recent years our fire departments cannot conduct collections in highly visible traffic locations, so I turned to the subject matter I know best, beer. We offer a festival that is unique in our beer offerings, thanks to the generous support of breweries around Indiana and beyond. You’ll likely find a lot to taste that’s simply not available in Louisville.”
Highlights of the 2019 Keg Liquors Fest of Ale:
· Over 250 craft and import beers, ciders and wine.
· “House of Hops” Hop forward beer feature.
· “Sour Shack” with all varieties of sour ales
· Food vendors such as Hull & High Water, Skyline Chili, Oh My Lollies – Gourmet Popsicles and more.
· “Put the Fire Out” dunking booth featuring the New Albany Fire Department and special guests.
· Official after-party at Hull & High Water.
· Shuttle buses are available from Drake’s St. Matthews in Louisville and Pearl Street Taphouse in Jeffersonville. Only $15 for a Round Trip Ride includes a pint and a bite before you go to the festival. Tickets are available now at thekegfestofale.com.