INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana’s first election to feature widespread mail-in balloting concluded Tuesday with long lines in Indianapolis delaying the closure of some in-person voting locations by three hours.
JEFFERSONVILLE — A man is in custody after police say he battered another person and fired a weapon in Jeffersonville on Tuesday evening.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Visitation for Evelyn Crady will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 8, 2020, at Kraft Funeral Service, 2776 Charlestown Road, with service at 2 p.m. www.kraftfs.com
Phyllis Craig, 82, North Vernon, died August 3, 2020. Funeral services are 11:00 a.m. August 8, 2020, at Sawyer-Pickett Funeral Home. Visitation 4:00 - 8:00, August 7, 2020.
Proceeded in death by parents, Richard and Becky McHone (Smitley). Survived by his children, Chloe, Cate and Clair McHone.
- Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson dies
- Charlestown student tests positive for COVID-19
- HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Long-time Clarksville coach Dennis Hawkins passes away
- Ivy Tech Sellersburg offering free certification classes through Workforce Ready Grant
- New Washington student tests positive for COVID-19
- Rock Creek student tests positive for COVID-19
- Rollover crash on I-64 westbound in Floyd County
- Two arrested on multiple drug charges in Clarksville motel
- Authority eyes future of City-County Building as New Albany set to depart
- Floyd Central Boosters question fundraiser legitimacy