SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Dale Allen Bary, 59, of Jeffersonville, Indiana, passed away on Sunday, January 19, 2020. A memorial service will be held at 4 PM, on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at Legacy Funeral Center, 921 Main Street in Jeffersonville. Visitation will be held following the memorial service from 5-8 PM. Da…
Eva Jo Franz, 101, died Monday, January 20, 2020 at Clark Memorial Hospital. She was born in Stanford, KY., and was a retired librarian for the Clarksville Elementary School. She was a member of the Clarksville Historical Society, Friends of the Library, a huge IU basketball fan, and an acti…
Visitation is 3-8 on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at Kraft Funeral Service, 2776 Charlestown Road. Funeral Service will be 10 am Wednesday at the funeral home.
Margaret Ann Horlander passed on January 18, 2020 with family at her side. She was born at home on September 10, 1930 in Jeffersonville, Indiana to Raymond Wolford Crafton and Leota Faye Rife Crafton. She was preceded in death by her parents, daughters Lynn A. Horlander and infant Mary Ann H…
- New Albany teen sentenced to 33 years for attempted murder
- Otisco couple arrested for dealing methamphetamine
- Downtown Jeffersonville projects taking shape
- Local musician addresses suicide prevention in new music video
- Georgetown couple faces drug charges
- Hoosier RC Hobbyplex opens this weekend in New Albany
- New Albany to lose independent bookstore
- New Albany pilot arrested on child exploitation charges
- New Albany man wanted after DNA links him to burglary
- A SPACE OF ONE'S OWN: Studios soon available in Jeff arts district