INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana’s first election to feature widespread mail-in balloting concluded Tuesday with long lines in Indianapolis delaying the closure of some in-person voting locations by three hours.
JEFFERSONVILLE — A man is in custody after police say he battered another person and fired a weapon in Jeffersonville on Tuesday evening.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Sharon Louise Shopher, 75, entered eternal life on Monday, June 1, 2020 at her home. She was preceded in death by her parents, King Blakley and Mary Helen French and step-parents, Louis French and Jean Blakley. Surviving are her husband, Mike Shopher, Salem, sons, Sonny (Cheryl) Lee, Sellers…
- Texas Roadhouse employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Louisville mayor announces curfew after two straight nights of violence
- 'The language of the unheard': Southern Indiana reaction to protests, police brutality
- Protesters call for transparency in police shooting that killed Southern Indiana man
- Jeffersonville releases summer concert slate; New Albany considering 'safest' way forward
- LIVE BLOG: 2020 Southern Indiana Primary Election
- Former Charlestown football standout killed in wreck
- Clark County primary election results 2020
- 116-acre Chapel Lake Park dedicated in Jeffersonville
- Jeffersonville Chief: Weekend protest handled well by demonstrators, police