SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Karen Lynn Balmer, 62 years of age passed away on March 24, 2020 in Floyds Knobs, Indiana. She was born on May 24, 1957 in New Albany, Indiana. Karen is survived by her brother, Dave Balmer and his wife Becky, and her Bopsie Twin, Janice Weber. A private family graveside service was held at …
Services are private for Carole Barton and she will be laid to rest at Walnut Ridge Cemetery in Jeffersonville. Leave a message for the family, please visit www.NewcomerKentuckiana.com.
Wanda Lea (Grangier) Goulding, 81, passed away Tuesday, March 24, 2020. The daughter of the late Amiel and Evelyn Drake Grangier, Wanda was born February 26, 1939 in New Albany. She was a banking officer with PNC Bank and retired after 35 years of service and was a member of Our Lady of Perp…
- Three charged with burglary, serious injury in Clark County
- State Health Department reports three new coronavirus cases in Clark County
- POLICE: Man fired shots after Clark County road rage incident
- Local extended stay hotel tenants facing eviction
- Clark, Floyd counties order non-essential public businesses to close at 9 p.m. today
- UPDATE: Clark County COVID-19 cases now at seven
- Aebersold Florist spreading cheer with free azaleas
- New Albany shooting suspect found dead by apparent suicide, police say
- Floyd County Health Department announces need to close hair salons, barber shops
- Local art teacher offers virtual painting classes