SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Softball Legend Jeff McClure 63 died Aug 14th Son of Leon and Betty McClure Memorial Service New Albany Anderson Field #1 Aug 24th 7pm.
William Arline Young, 97, died Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at Diversicare of Providence, New Albany. He was born in Hart Co., Ky., and was a retired Tool Repair man for Ford Motor Company. He was a volunteer tax preparer for 26 years, a member of American Legion Post 35 in Jeffersonville and an…
- New consignment shop opens at Clothes Cottage location in New Albany
- New entertainment venue to replace downtown Jeffersonville parking lot
- Floyd County teen charged as adult for arson
- New Albany man charged with sexual misconduct with a minor
- arc's downtown Jeffersonville headquarters invades the senses
- Molester appeals 120-year sentence in Clark County
- ALL AFLUTTER: Monarch Festival and Art Fair is Saturday in New Albany
- Floyd County Council members approve pay increase through attrition
- New Albany church raises funds for teenager's funeral expenses
- Coroner identifies Jeffersonville man killed in weekend crash