SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Mary Elizabeth Farnsley, 92, of New Albany, Indiana passed away Monday at Baptist Health Floyd. New Albany. She was the former Mary McNew, a native of Laurel County, Kentucky. Mary was a homemaker and a foster parent to several children. Preceded in death by husband, Carl D. Farnsley; sons, …
Wanda L. Ramey Van Meter, 88, died Monday, May 20, 2019 at Westminster Health Care in Clarksville. She was born in Louisville and was a retired supervisor for the U.S. Census Bureau. She was a member of Howard Park Christian Church in Clarksville. She was preceded in death by her husbands, H…
Betty A. Roby, 72, passed away Saturday, May 18, 2019 at Clark Memorial Hospital. She was a retired bus driver of Greater Clark County School Corporation. Betty was a member of member of Moose Lodge Auxiliary, Eagles Auxiliary and American Legion Auxiliary. She was a native of Jeffersonville…
- Man accused of shooting ISP trooper released on home incarceration
- Three charged in shooting of Nabb man
- Space opens up on Spring Street in Jeffersonville
- Nabb man critical after Wednesday shooting
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into deadly house explosion in Jeffersonville
- Two others who were with judges when shot identified
- UPDATE: Man killed in crash after high-speed police chase identified
- BREAKING: Caesars gaming empire coming to Southern Indiana
- St. John Paul II Catholic Church to break ground on new church
- BOYS' TRACK & FIELD: Streak busters! Bulldogs edge Highlanders for sectional title