SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Curtis Hoskins, 82 years of age, passed away peacefully in his sleep on Thursday, September 19, 2019 at Wedgewood Healthcare Center. He was born August 22, 1937 in Crab Orchard, Kentucky to the late Charles and Mary Hoskins. Curtis was a veteran in the United States Army and was a retired pr…
Visitation:2-8 pm, Monday, September 23, 2019, Newcomer-Southern IN (New Albany) and Tuesday, 9-11am at Christ Gospel Church (Jeffersonville). Funeral:11am, Tuesday at church. Burial:Bunker Hill Cemetery, Salem. www.NewcomerKentuckiana. com
- New partner joins Maxwell's House of Music in Jeffersonville
- Rally's in New Albany temporarily closed due to health violations
- New Albany set to open first new hotel in over 20 years
- BASKETBALL: Moore named Jeffersonville boys' coach
- Woman charged with leaving kids at home and going to Tennessee
- New park named Shirley's Arbor coming to Jeffersonville
- Leaders break ground on Floyd County tech park
- Jeffersonville council denies reconsideration of arc project
- CORONER: Clark County jail inmate's death ruled natural
- Baptist Health Floyd to add Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Unit