SOUTHERN INDIANA — As a physician at The Healing Place, Dr. Allison Havens-Koetter sees recovery in action all the time.
FLOYD COUNTY —Addiction prevention often gets lost in the conversation about the opioid crisis, as communities across the country face an onslaught of overdose deaths and are scrambling to save lives.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Clark County Probation officer Josh Seybold had to take a deep breath before he could even start to explain how satisfying it is to witness someone overcome addiction’s clutch.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — In the 1970s and '80s, William "Happy" Cox was heavily into drugs — speed, downers, heroin — anything he could afford to get high on.
SOUTHERN INDIANA — Soon after a needle exchange opened in Jeffersonville in late January, Clark County Health Officer Dr. Kevin Burke was reminded of why he declared an epidemic in the first place.
The dichotomy of the word “fix” is interesting. It can mean repair. It can be used, too, as slang for the relief provided by a drug — and that’s where the destructiveness happens.
This Week's Circulars
Raymond O. Oyler, 86, of New Albany, passed away early Friday morning in New Albany after fighting a long, hard 15 year battle with Alzheimer's disease. He was born in Warsaw, Indiana to the late Ralph and Violet (Hull) Oyler. He was a longtime member of St. John's United Presbyterian Church…
Cody Winston Embry, 79, Henryville, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019, at Sellersburg Nursing and Rehab. Born on the family farm in Butler County, Ky., March 14, 1940. Cody loved his relationship with the Lord, the outdoors, music, and the UK Wildcats. He was preceded in death by his parent…
- New restaurant in the works near Jeffersonville's Big Four Station Park
- NEW: Clark County judges react to Indiana Supreme Court decision
- Floyd County residents concerned about rapid growth near Georgetown
- UPDATE: Charlestown Mayor Hall will seek recount after losing re-election bid by 30 votes
- Downtown Jeffersonville condos showcased to public for first time
- Coffey disputes New Albany mayoral vote totals
- Horseshoe Southern Indiana to open new land-based casino Dec. 12
- Beloved former NAHS Latin teacher dies
- Work on Lancaster Lofts project in New Albany delayed
- Goodwill to open second New Albany store Nov. 19