Derby Dinner Playhouse has announced the lineup for its 45th anniversary season, with the first production already underway.
With a record 10,500 season subscribers on the main stage and over 3,000 Children’s Theatre subscribers, Derby Dinner is one of the most successful dinner theaters in the country and one of the region’s leading entertainment centers. Currently the playhouse entertains approximately 220,000 people a year with a roster that includes eight main stage shows, four Children’s Theatre shows, 12 concerts, a Performing Arts Academy, and many other special events.
For more information visit www.derbydinner.com or call 812-288-2632.
• “Savannah Sipping Society”: (Through June 30): This delightful comedy follows the hilarious misadventures, and the occasional liquid refreshment, of four unique Southern women who successfully bond and discover lasting friendships with a renewed determination to live in the moment. Perfect for a girl’s night out!
• Based on the award-winning animated movie, “Shrek the Musical” (July 3-Aug. 18) is irreverent fun for the entire family. This fairy tale musical adventure follows everyone’s favorite ogre, and all the beloved characters from the film, on a life-changing journey that is brought to life in a dazzling stage spectacle.
• The Tony Award Winning musical, “Million Dollar Quartet” (Aug. 21-Sept. 29), is set on Dec. 4, 1956, when an extraordinary twist of fate brought Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley together in Memphis for one legendary night. Relive the era with this smash-hit sensation that features an incredible score of rock ‘n’ roll, gospel, R&B and country hits, performed live onstage.
• Ken Ludwig’s “Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery” (Oct. 2-Nov. 10) will thrill both the mystery and comedy lover. Sherlock must crack the case before a family curse dooms its newest heir in this fast-paced mystery. Watch as five actors deftly portray more than 40 characters with disguises and deceit while revealing clues and lining up suspects.
• Based on the beloved holiday film, “Elf The Musical” (Nov. 13-Dec. 31) is a hilarious fish-out-of-water musical comedy that follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity. This modern-day holiday classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner “elf.” After all, the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
• Fasten your seatbelts as the deliriously funny, “Boeing, Boeing” (Jan. 8-Feb. 16, 2020), flies onto the Derby Dinner stage. This hit Broadway comedy is chock full of chaos, matchmaking and mayhem.
• Put on your platform shoes and boogie down with “Saturday Night Fever” (Feb. 19-March 29, 2020). Featuring many of the Bee Gees greatest hits, this musical adaptation of the classic 1970s film tells the story of a talented, street-wise kid from Brooklyn who attempts to escape his dead-end life through dancing.
• Come aboard for a madcap ocean voyage you won’t soon forget! Featuring one of Cole Porter’s most magical scores, “Anything Goes” (April 1-May 17, 2020) is full of comically colorful characters, showstopping dance numbers, mistaken identities, plenty of romance, and is considered to be one of the all-time great Broadway musicals.