Below is a listing of upcoming Easter egg celebrations scheduled in Clark and Floyd counties. This listing will be updated as more events are announced.
SATURDAY, APRIL 6
• The Jeffersonville Optimist Club and Friends of the Community will sponsor a joint Eggstravaganza for all ages at noon at the Jeffersonville Optimist Club, 61 Louise St., Jeffersonville.
• Republic Bank Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt, 6:30 to 9 p.m. at Vissing Park, 2728 Vissing Park Road, Jeffersonville. Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt puts a new spin on the traditional hunt. When the park is dark, your flashlight will be your guide to candy, eggs and prizes. For more information on the free event, visit www.jeffparks.org or www.facebook.com/JeffParksDept.
• Crossing Christian Church, 9265 Hwy. 150, Greenville, is hosting the "Big Event" Egg Hunt and Easter Fun from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The "Big Event" is a family event featuring a special visit from the Easter Bunny for pictures, an egg hunt at noon and other games and activities for the kids. Parents will also enjoy live entertainment and food. The activities will take place on the front lawn of the church. Other activities include inflatables, face painting and door prizes. All activities are free and open to the community. For more information, visit the website at www.crossingna.com or call the church office at 812-903-0394.
THURSDAY, APRIL 11
• Wiggles and Gibbles Egg Hunt, hosted by City of New Albany and New Albany Parks and Recreation, 10 a.m. to noon at the Silver Street Park, 2043 Silver St., New Albany.
SATURDAY, APRIL 13
• MOPS Easter Egg Hunt, 9 to 10 a.m., Saturday, April 13, at Grace Lutheran Church, 1787 Klerner Lane, New Albany. Hosted by Grace MOPS and MOMS Next.
• Easter Event 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday April 13, at Bass Pro Shops, 951 East Lewis and Clark Pkwy., Clarksville
• Marysville Christian Church, Marysville Road, Marysville, will sponsor an Easter Egg Hunt, 11 a.m., Saturday, April 13, on the church grounds.
All are welcome. Bring a basket to put your eggs in.
SUNDAY, APRIL 14
• The Children’s Department of the First Baptist Church of Jeffersonville, 2402 East Tenth Street, will again host an Easter Egg Hunt for the community noon to 2 p.m. immediately following the 10:30 worship service on Palm Sunday, April 14, in the park-like setting behind the church. Children should bring their own baskets for collecting eggs filled with candy, toys, and Scripture passages. The afternoon also will include free food, games, crafts, prizes, and the Easter Bunny.
• Easter Event 12 noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, April 14, at Bass Pro Shops, 951 East Lewis and Clark Pkwy., Clarksville
• DePauw Methodist Church, 945 Vincennes St., New Albany, will hold an Easter Egg Hunt after morning worship, at approximately 11 a.m. (worship is at 9:30) on Sunday, April 14. Children in third grade or younger are invited to participate. There will be lots of eggs and candy along with a visit from the Easter Bunny. Families are invited to come for the fun and then stay for a snack after the egg hunt. Call 812-945-6537 for more information.
• Easter Egg Hunt, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, April 14, at Sellersburg American Legion Post 204, 412 N. New Albany Street, Sellersburg
MONDAY, APRIL 15
• Easter Event 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 15, at Bass Pro Shops, 951 East Lewis and Clark Pkwy., Clarksville
SATURDAY, APRIL 20
• Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor a community Easter egg hunt and celebration, beginning at 10 a.m., Saturday, April 20, at Gateway Park, 500 Little League Blvd.,Clarksville. Kids ages 1-12 are invited to hunt for Easter eggs filled with candy. During the hunt, be on the lookout for our special prize eggs which could allow you to take home a special Easter basket filled with goodies. The hunt starts right at 10 a.m. and last just minutes, so don’t be late. After the hunt, the Easter Bunny will be on hand to take pictures with the kids.
The event is free, no registration is required.
• Evangel Charlestown Church, 1280 Morrow St., Charlestown, will host an Easter Eggstravaganza, beginning at 1 p.m. for children 12 and younger.
• Family Easter Festival, hosted by New Albany Parks and Recreation Department, 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 20, at Silver Street Park, 2043 Silver Street, New Albany. The free event will be held rain or shine and the egg hunt for those 10 and under, will begin at 10:30 a.m.
• Hillside Church will host an Eggstravanganza, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Sam Peden Park, 3037 Grant Line Road, New Albany.