After a series of deadly shootings across the nation, the list of stores asking customers not to bring their guns inside is growing. Walmart's on the list, after a mass shooting in August inside one of its Texas stores, where 22 people were killed and 24 others injured. Kroger, which had a deadly shooting in October at one of its Louisville stores, also is asking customers not to openly carry their guns inside. So is Meijer, Aldi, Target, Walgreens, CVS, Sam's Club and others. Starbucks has had a similar policy in place since 2013.
This Week's Circulars
Visitation, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. February 29, 2020 at Newcomer New Albany. Service follows at 1 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial, St. Mary's Cemetery, Floyds Knobs.
Patricia Gay Leigh, 78, mother of Tom Leigh, passed February 20, 2020. The family will celebrate her life privately. Kraft Funeral Service, Charlestown Road Chapel, entrusted with arrangements.
- GUEST COLUMN: School safety more than cops and locks
- Police seeking information on woman who jumped from bridge
- Southern Indiana hospice nurse charged with medical fraud
- NOW AND THEN: The wonders of the '90s under Clarksville's big top mall
- Crews search Ohio River for woman who jumped off bridge
- Former IU Southeast volleyball coach among 4 killed in car crash
- Two charged with stealing $10K + in merchandise from grocery store
- New Albany intersection along Charlestown Road to be rerouted
- Woman to plead guilty to child exploitation, child pornography in 2018 case
- Georgetown officer seeking damages for defamation and civil rights violations