U.S. Sen. Todd Young, R-Indiana, has teamed with three Senate colleagues to introduce the Tobacco to 21 Act, which would raise the national legal tobacco age to 21. “The CDC estimates that approximately 4.9 million middle and high school students nationwide are current users of some type of tobacco product,” Young said at a recent news conference.
This Week's Circulars
Marilyn J. Lynch, 84 years of age passed away on August 20, 2019. Marilyn was born January 26, 1935 in Floyd County, Indiana to the late Melvin and Aline Harris, and retired from the New Albany Housing Authority. She was a former member of Graceland Baptist Church and was preceded in death b…
Kenneth Leon "Bill" Smith, 93, of Clarksville, Indiana, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, August 21, 2019. He was a United States Navy veteran that bravely served his nation during WWII and the Korean War. Kenneth was a member of VFW Post 1693, American Legion Post 28 and St. Mary's Catho…
Cynthia "Cyndee" R. Ashton, 61, passed away on Thursday, August 15, 2019, at Clark Memorial Hospital. Cyndee adored her family. She entertained them by telling stories, and they enjoyed listening. She enjoyed traveling, shopping, and decorating. She is survived by her sister Dana Ashton of J…
Softball Legend Jeff McClure 63 died Aug 14th Son of Leon and Betty McClure Memorial Service New Albany Anderson Field #1 Aug 24th 7pm.
- New consignment shop opens at Clothes Cottage location in New Albany
- Floyd County teen charged as adult for arson
- New entertainment venue to replace downtown Jeffersonville parking lot
- Molester appeals 120-year sentence in Clark County
- Floyd County Council members approve pay increase through attrition
- New Albany man charged with sexual misconduct with a minor
- Man charged in Jeffersonville woman's murder has violent past
- Coroner identifies Jeffersonville man killed in weekend crash
- Defense calls for mistrial in Oberhansley case
- JAIL ACTIVITY: Aug. 19, 2019