The nonprofit Halloween & Costume Association (yes, that's a real thing), launched a petition last year to move the creepy holiday to the last Saturday of October, citing a "safer, longer, stress-free celebration." Most years, Oct. 31 falls on a weekday, when kids have school and grown-ups have to go to work. The petition to change that has recently picked up steam, with more than 75,000 signatures so far.
This Week's Circulars
Winnie Oliver, 85, of Clarksville, IN passed away on Thursday, August 1, 2019 at Westminster Village. Scott Funeral Home has been entrusted with her care.
Carmen L. Blevins, 50 of New Albany, IN passed away on Sunday August 18, 2019 at her home. She was born on March 27, 1969 in New Albany to Bennie and Janet Hines Griffin. She was a loving housewife, mother and grandmother. She was a member of the Living Waters House of Prayer Church in Charl…
Joyce Helen Elder, 66, of English passed away on Saturday August 17, 2019 at her residence. She was born on October 24, 1952 in New Albany, Indiana to Marvin and Maudie (Craven) Thompson. Joyce loved to fish and was an avid reader. She enjoyed making her yard look nice and gardening. Joyce i…
Forrest Joe Walker Sr., age 79, of Fredericksburg, passed away Saturday, August 17. Visitation will be Tuesday 4-8PM and 9-11AM Wednesday at Weathers Funeral Home. Funeral services will be Wednesday at 11AM at the funeral home. Burial will follow in Smedley Cemetery.
- New consignment shop opens at Clothes Cottage location in New Albany
- New entertainment venue to replace downtown Jeffersonville parking lot
- New Albany church raises funds for teenager's funeral expenses
- New Albany man charged with sexual misconduct with a minor
- arc's downtown Jeffersonville headquarters invades the senses
- Grant Line Road contractor being fined
- Haven House transitioning to new ownership
- ALL AFLUTTER: Monarch Festival and Art Fair is Saturday in New Albany
- Clarksville man arrested on child molestation charges
- NA-FC school board passes resolutions supporting teachers