...Heat Indices Near 100 Degrees Today... The combination of hot temperatures in the low to mid 90s and dewpoints in the upper 60s and low 70s will result in heat indices around 100 degrees this afternoon. Be sure to drink plenty of water, limit outdoor activities if possible, and check on the elderly and neighbors. Always check your backseats before locking your vehicle.
...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON EDT /11 AM CDT/ TO 8 PM EDT /7 PM CDT/ TUESDAY... * WHAT...Heat index values up to 107 expected. * WHERE...Portions of and south central Indiana and north central, northwest and south central Kentucky. * WHEN...From noon EDT /11 AM CDT/ to 8 PM EDT /7 PM CDT/ Tuesday. * IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses to occur. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1. &&
This Week's Circulars
- Three dead following fiery Charlestown wreck
- LAWSUIT: Female inmates were assaulted, raped in Clark County jail
- Retirement of Supt. Brad Snyder from New Albany-Floyd County schools disclosed
- I-65 South closure at Kennedy Interchange July 5
- New Albany eye doctor hangs his hat after 44 years
- Several Independence Day celebrations planned in Southern Indiana
- Southern Indiana churches respond to overturning of Roe v. Wade
- New Albany 10U All-Star team claims District 5 Little League title
- Jeff/GRC 11U All-Stars win Indiana District 5 championship
- Line of duty death ruled in case of JFD deputy fire chief with cancer
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.