Austin Hughes (Wabash): The Providence graduate is a junior midfielder on the men’s soccer team. Monday, Hughes was named the North Coast Athletic Conference Men’s Soccer Athlete of the Week. Hughes tallied two goals and dished out three assists in three matches for the Little Giants last week. He notched an assist in Wabash’s 5-0 win over Anderson University last Tuesday. Saturday, he scored the first goal of the Little Giants’ 3-1 win at Hanover. Then Sunday, Hughes had a goal and two assists in Wabash’s 3-2 win over Grinnell. So far this season, he has tallied three goals, four assists and 10 points while starting all eight matches for Wabash (6-2), which visits Mount St. Joseph this afternoon.
Last month, Scott Martin announced that he was stepping down from his post as executive director of River Heritage Conservancy. His position is being filled by Susan Rademacher, former president of the Louisville Olmstead Parks Conservancy.
This Week's Circulars
- NBA: Romeo returns to Indiana
- Clark County Sheriff's Office announces reserve deputy graduates
- BASKETBALL: Former New Albany standout passes away
- Jeffersonville honors worker who died from COVID-19
- New Albany police's all-electric vehicle hits the road
- Lanesville man arrested on child molestation charges
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Bulldogs give Shannon 600th win
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: 'Super Hicks' the sequel
- New Albany council members discuss safety of anticipated kayak launch point
- Curriculum legislation concerns local teachers