Cobie Barnes (Indiana State): The Floyd Central graduate is a 6-foot-6 sophomore guard on the men’s basketball team. Barnes tallied a career-high 13 points and four rebounds in 24 minutes off the bench in the Sycamores’ 76-71 victory over visiting Loyola Chicago on Sunday. He went 5 for 9 from the field, including 1 of 3 from 3-point range, and 2 for 3 from the free throw line. Barnes is averaging 3.8 points, 2.5 rebounds and 14.2 minutes in 10 games for ISU (4-7, 1-5), which will visit Illinois State on Saturday and Sunday.
This Week's Circulars
Noel H. Frakes, 85, of New Albany, Indiana passed away Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at his home. He was born on October 6, 1935 to the late Howard S. and Crystal Ione Miller Frakes. Noel was retired from General Electric and was a member of St. Marks United Church of Christ in New Albany. He …
Celebration of Life: 3 PM Sunday, January 24, 2021. Visitation: 1-3 PM Sunday. Survivors: Sons: Steve(Deneen), Gary(Santa) and Scott(Andrea), Brother: Ronnie Dierking(Joyce), 4 Grandchildren, 1 Great Grandchild.
Jerome Matthew Dattilo, 87, Clarksville, IN, died peacefully at home on January 19, 2021. Born on February 11, 1933 in Louisville, KY, to Jim and Edna Dattilo, he served in the US Navy on active duty during the Korean War and remained in the Navy Reserve until after the Cuban Missile Crisis …
Virginia R. Ripperdan, 95, passed away Monday morning at The Villages of Historic Silvercrest. She was born in New Amsterdam, Indiana to the late Lawrance and Beatrice Barks. She was the office manager for the Indiana Public Employment Association for over 25 years and was a lifetime member …
The 13th execution since July occurred early Jan. 16 at the Federal Prison Complex in Terre Haute. The number of federal executions carried out since 2020 exceeds the previous 56 years combined. Incoming president Joe Biden, who opposes the death penalty, could stop federal executions after he takes office.
WAVE 3 News Weather
- Indiana GOP lawmaker pushes bill to prevent renaming of state, cities, including Clarksville
- New Clarksville redevelopment director Langford looks ahead optimistically
- BOYS' BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Pioneers edge Red Devils
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Heidbreder helms Floyd's improbable comeback
- Floyds Knobs Goodwill store opens in new location
- COVID-19 claims another life in Clark County
- Residents, pets displaced after Wednesday fire in Jeffersonville
- 50 years a nurse, 22 at Baptist Health Floyd, this is her last
- Sellersburg hosting workshops over water, sewer increases
- New Albany City Council resolution condemns attack on U.S. Capitol