Hallie Dixon (McKendree): The Jeffersonville graduate, a rising junior on the women’s swimming & diving team, is coming off a solid sophomore season for the Bearcats. She capped it off by taking eighth in the 400 individual medley and the 500 freestyle as well as 12th in the 1000 and 1650 freestyle races at the Great Lakes Valley Conference Championships. She was named to the Academic All-GLVC team and also earned the conference’s Brother James Gaffney Distinguished Scholar Award by achieving a 4.0 grade-point average during both semesters of the academic year. Additionally, she was recently named to the College Swimming and Diving Coaches Association of America (CSCAA)’s Scholar All-America team.
This Week's Circulars
Dr. Larry Joe Moore, age 72, of Hanover, Indiana was born August 3, 1948 in Floyd County, Indiana. He graduated from New Albany High School in 1966 and went on to receive his Bachelor of Arts in Economics with honors and distinction at Indiana University in 1970. On June 14, 1970, he married…
On Wednesday, Gov. Eric Holcomb announced he would extend Indiana's Stage 5 reopening status and the mask mandate for Hoosiers through at least Nov. 14. The mask requirement had been set to expire Saturday, Oc. 17. Holcomb cited increasing COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations among the reasons for the extension.
WAVE 3 News Weather
- Silver Creek board approves $30 million budget
- Two suspects arrested for impersonating police in Jeffersonville
- Starlight Coffee Co. adding fourth location, this time in Sellersburg
- Here's where to vote early in Clark and Floyd counties
- New Albany man upset over missing political signs
- UPDATE: Sellersburg home destroyed in early morning fire
- Clark, Floyd heading in “wrong direction” as COVID cases rise, health officials say
- HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Dragons achieve perfection
- Project underway to relocate "Poor Farm" cemetery at River Ridge site
- Clarksville fire station receives Safe Haven Baby Box