Ian Francisco (Kentucky Wesleyan): The Jeffersonville graduate is a rising senior offensive lineman on the football team. Last season, the 6-3, 290-pound Francisco played in 11 games for the Panthers. Francisco is also a thrower on the Panthers' track & field team. He capped off his indoor season by placing 16th in the weight throw and 18th in the shot put at the 2020 Great Midwest Athletic Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships in late February.
This Week's Circulars
Robert Lee Minter, age 76, passed away Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Robert was born November 2, 1943 to the late Clarence and Roxie Johnson Minter. He was an Air Force Veteran of Vietnam War, former employee of K & I Railroad, former proprietor of Orlando Pizza in Marengo and retired secur…
Celebration of Life: 2 PM Sunday August 9, 2020: Oak Street Chapel of Naville & Seabrook Funeral Homes. Visitation: 12 Noon - 2 PM Sunday. Full obit: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway shifted gears to a fanless Indianapolis 500 on Aug. 23, its rescheduled date due to the pandemic. The Speedway announced in June that attendance would be limited to 25% of capacity, but coronavirus cases in Marion County tripled in July, prompting the decision. Two weeks after the 500 comes the rescheduled Kentucky Derby on Sept. 5. A plan approved in May set admissions to 61%, cut outdoor seating by over half, and limited some dining areas to one-third capacity. But by late July Churchill Downs stopped selling infield tickets to limit attendance.
WAVE 3 News Weather
- HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Long-time Clarksville coach Dennis Hawkins passes away
- Rock Creek student tests positive for COVID-19
- Clarksville man faces federal charges for wire fraud
- UPDATE: Road reopened after Clark County train collision
- Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson dies
- Early 1800s farm in Jennings County wins rural preservation award
- Charlestown man arrested on multiple drug charges
- Eighth Street in New Albany closed at North Y
- Friends, colleagues remember Floyd County prosecutor
- Union Restaurant & GameYard close to completion in downtown Jeffersonville