Jake Heidbreder (Air Force Academy): The Floyd Central graduate is a freshman on the men’s basketball team. The 6-5 guard has started the first two games of the season for the Falcons. Last Thursday, he had five points and an assist in Air Force’s 59-53 loss at South Dakota. He was 2-for-2 from the field, including 1 of 1 from 3-point range, and 0 of 2 from the free throw line in 19 minutes of action. Then this past Saturday night, Heidbreder tallied five points, an assist and a blocked shot in the Falcons’ 59-58 win at Tulsa. He was 2-for-7 from the field, including 1 of 5 from 3-point range, in 23 minutes of action. Air Force (1-1) will host Texas Southern in its home-opener Wednesday night before playing in the Sunshine Slam in Daytona Beach, Fla. this Saturday and Sunday.
This Week's Circulars
June 2021 Obituaries
Memorial service December 11, 2 p.m., Leppert Mortuary-Nora, Indianapolis, visitation following. NAHS graduate. Coach, teacher, businessman. Survivors include New Albany sisters Betty Bertrand, Bonnie Wilcox, Barbara Davisson and families. Full obituary at Dignity Memorial Benbrook.
- New Albany single father seeks aid to provide a joyful Christmas for his daughter
- New Albany man sentenced to 15 years on drug charges
- UPDATE 2: Prosecutor says officer acted in self-defense against aggressive dogs
- Southern Indiana counties report highest numbers of new COVID cases in over a month
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Twenty players to watch this season
- New Albany's Dada Boutique opens pop-up during holiday season
- Single mother works hard to provide for son with special needs
- Villas of Guerin Woods being sold by end of year
- Vote for November's Baptist Health Athlete of the Month
- Ramey's road to recovery includes helping others battle their demons