Josh Jefferson (Green Bay): The New Albany graduate is a 6-2 redshirt senior guard on the men’s basketball team. Jefferson scored a season-high 25 points in last Friday’s 84-81 overtime win over visiting Oakland. He was 8 for 10 from the field, including 4 of 5 from 3-point range, and 5 for 5 from the free throw line. He also registered five assists, two steals and two rebounds in 34 minutes for the Phoenix. The next day he had 19 points, three rebounds and two assists in Green Bay’s 87-78 victory over the Golden Grizzlies again. For the season, Jefferson is averaging 15.7 points, three rebounds and 2.7 assists per game for the Phoenix, who play a pair of games at Detroit Mercy this weekend, beginning Friday evening.
This Week's Circulars
Celebration of Life: 3 PM Sunday, January 24, 2021. Visitation: 1-3 PM Sunday. Survivors: Sons: Steve(Deneen), Gary(Santa) and Scott(Andrea), Brother: Ronnie Dierking(Joyce), 4 Grandchildren, 1 Great Grandchild.
Jerome Matthew Dattilo, 87, Clarksville, IN, died peacefully at home on January 19, 2021. Born on February 11, 1933 in Louisville, KY, to Jim and Edna Dattilo, he served in the US Navy on active duty during the Korean War and remained in the Navy Reserve until after the Cuban Missile Crisis …
Virginia R. Ripperdan, 95, passed away Monday morning at The Villages of Historic Silvercrest. She was born in New Amsterdam, Indiana to the late Lawrance and Beatrice Barks. She was the office manager for the Indiana Public Employment Association for over 25 years and was a lifetime member …
Karel Thomas Sampson Sr., 76, passed away Monday, January 18, 2021 at Baptist Health Floyd. He was the owner of Sampson Trucking Company. Karel was a native of Louisville, KY. He is survived by his son Scott Sampson (Roxanna) of Lascassas, TN.; sister Darlene Moore of Mooresville, IN.; grand…
The 13th execution since July occurred early Jan. 16 at the Federal Prison Complex in Terre Haute. The number of federal executions carried out since 2020 exceeds the previous 56 years combined. Incoming president Joe Biden, who opposes the death penalty, could stop federal executions after he takes office.
WAVE 3 News Weather
- Indiana GOP lawmaker pushes bill to prevent renaming of state, cities, including Clarksville
- New Clarksville redevelopment director Langford looks ahead optimistically
- BOYS' BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Pioneers edge Red Devils
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Heidbreder helms Floyd's improbable comeback
- Floyds Knobs Goodwill store opens in new location
- COVID-19 claims another life in Clark County
- Sellersburg hosting workshops over water, sewer increases
- 50 years a nurse, 22 at Baptist Health Floyd, this is her last
- Residents, pets displaced after Wednesday fire in Jeffersonville
- New Albany City Council resolution condemns attack on U.S. Capitol