Nan Garcia (Toledo): The Jeffersonville graduate is a sophomore on the women’s basketball team. The 6-foot wing has seen action in each of her first two games with the Rockets after transferring from Penn State. Last Tuesday, she tallied 10 points, two rebounds and one blocked shot off the bench in Toledo’s 84-72 win at Oakland. She was 4-for-7 from the field, including 1 of 3 from 3-point range, and 1 for 3 from the free throw line in 16 minutes of action. Then this past Saturday, Garcia went scoreless but grabbed three rebounds in the Rockets’ 73-56 home win over Wright State. She was 0-for-1 from the field in 11 minutes of action. Toledo (2-0) will visit Dayton on Wednesday.
This Week's Circulars
June 2021 Obituaries
Memorial service December 11, 2 p.m., Leppert Mortuary-Nora, Indianapolis, visitation following. NAHS graduate. Coach, teacher, businessman. Survivors include New Albany sisters Betty Bertrand, Bonnie Wilcox, Barbara Davisson and families. Full obituary at Dignity Memorial Benbrook.
- New Albany single father seeks aid to provide a joyful Christmas for his daughter
- New Albany man sentenced to 15 years on drug charges
- UPDATE 2: Prosecutor says officer acted in self-defense against aggressive dogs
- Southern Indiana counties report highest numbers of new COVID cases in over a month
- BOYS' BASKETBALL: Twenty players to watch this season
- New Albany's Dada Boutique opens pop-up during holiday season
- Single mother works hard to provide for son with special needs
- Villas of Guerin Woods being sold by end of year
- Vote for November's Baptist Health Athlete of the Month
- Ramey's road to recovery includes helping others battle their demons