Nick Walker (Olney Central College): The Henryville graduate, a 6-4 forward on the men's basketball team, averaged 9.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game for the Blue Knights, who went 24-7. He shot 42.8 percent from the field, including 33.3 percent from 3-point range.
This Week's Circulars
William G."Rusty" Knowland, Jr., age 65 passed away Friday June 5, 2020. William was born June 28, 1954 at Jeffersonville, Indiana to the late William G. and Nellie Pearson Knowland, Sr. He was a peacetime Navy Veteran and a former welder for Tower Automotive. Also, preceding him in death we…
William (Bill) Charles Legan passed away on June 5th following a brief illness. Most knew him as Mr. Legan as he spent 40+ years in education teaching Junior High and High School students in Indiana and West Virginia. He also volunteered teaching Adult Education in West Virginia and received…
Ray T. Shirley, 85, passed away Thursday, June 4, 2020 at his home. He was a retired welder foreman at Jeffboat and a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church. Ray was a native of Floyds Knobs, IN. He is survived by his wife Martha Ashton Shirley of Jeffersonville, IN.; brothers Robert Shirle…
Visitation, 3 to 8 p.m. June 8, 2020 at Newcomer-New Albany. Mass, 11 a.m. June 9, 2020 at Holy Family Catholic Church. Burial in Holy Trinity Cemetery.
President Donald Trump has threatened to use military force nationwide if governors fail to deploy the National Guard in sufficient numbers to quash racial injustice-police brutality protests, many of which have turned violent. He is assuming such authority based on the Insurrection Act of 1807, but it is unclear if he has the constitutional authority without governors asking for such military intervention.
WAVE 3 News Weather
- Texas Roadhouse employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Protesters call for transparency in police shooting that killed Southern Indiana man
- LIVE BLOG: 2020 Southern Indiana Primary Election
- Clark County primary election results 2020
- 'The language of the unheard': Southern Indiana reaction to protests, police brutality
- Former Charlestown football standout killed in wreck
- Jeffersonville releases summer concert slate; New Albany considering 'safest' way forward
- Incumbents prevail in Southern Indiana primaries
- Jeffersonville Chief: Weekend protest handled well by demonstrators, police
- Harvest Homecoming cancelled over COVID-19 concerns